o n e

Phil Lester; the outcasted boy.

Since as far back as he can remember, Phil has been the one person who never got along with anyone. It's not that there's a reason for him to be disliked, people just don't like him for the sake of it, and so it's always stuck. Most people would be bothered by a lack of friends, but in Phil's mind, you can't miss what you've never had.

Maybe he could've just made some friends later on into school, but he began to embrace a somewhat intimidating appearance. Phil used to be the boy who smiled at strangers on the street and would have his cheek pinched by grandparents. Yes, he's still the kind of person to smile at people on the street, because he's a good person.

He has snakebites, a tongue piercing, and both arms covered in tattoos which can he shouldn't have been able to get as he's not even 18 yet, but he found a way. Generally his clothing is all black, but an occasional dark blue is thrown in every now and then.

Dan Howell; the 'innocent' boy.

Dan has never had friends much like Phil, but people had a reason, not a very good one. Dan is feminine, taking joy out of wearing pastel colours and painting his nails, and it's just always been that way. People have treated him like shit his entire life, degrading him and making him feel like nothing.

Everybody thinks that Dan is innocent, not minding being alone. Everybody is wrong. Maybe it's that smile that Dan has, seemingly real, but in fact just an act to hide his shattered insides.

People see him as a boy who is happy with loneliness, but the toll it takes on his mind is greater than you could imagine. Maybe if someone took a second to look at him properly, they'd see how broken he really is, erasing that innocent image, so it's good that they don't.