"We sent subconscious brainwaves to you when you were in ARGUS. We tricked you in to coming here, once you decided to move again." Lyla admitted.
"What the hell?" I asked, feeling violated.
"I promise not to do it again." Lyla said.

"I don't see why I'm needed." I stated.
"Lawton likes you. He won't harm you if he decides to betray us." Lyla said.

"He wouldn't." I said coldly.

I changed quickly, and for a moment, admired how the dress that Lyla picked out for me. It was a gorgeous vibrant red dress, with a sweetheart neckline and a deep v going down between my breasts.

I was Lawton's "date" for the night, which he was secretly happy about. Lawton and I went through security, and almost got through.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry." Lawton apologized, pulling out some keys, to get past the metal detector.

"Sorry. He's a little forgetful." I said, flirting with the guard.

He looked at me, then let Lawton pass.
I scanned my finger, coming up on the guest list as some woman I didn't know. Lawton got through with no problem. Deadshot and I got in position. We were just waiting for Lyla's go.

Deadshot and I found our way to the basement. Lawton walked first, while I trailed behind him.
"Bingo." Dead shot said, turning on his eye.

Deadshot touched the wall, then pushed on it. It opened to a hallway. We snuck down the hallway, and entered another room.

The nerve agent that Waller wanted us to get, was stored in a huge container that neither of us could carry.

"Harbinger..." Deadshot called for Lyla

"We got what I would describe as a little bit of a situation here."

"Explain." Lyla said over the COMs system.

"Well, I got eyes on the nerve agent, but I'm not gonna be able to move it, much less pocket it." Deadshot said.
"Stand by Deadshot. Anomaly keep an eye on him." Lyla told me.

"So you go by Anomaly now?" Lawton asked.
"I've been going by Anomaly for a long time now." I stated.

"Tiger move to extraction. Deadshot. Anomaly. Remain in position. Harbinger and Freelancer, evac and head to the rally point." Waller said over the COMs system.

I tried to move, but my brain was having troubles figuring out how to move. It was like I had no powers at all.

"Something's wrong. I can't move." I stated.

"Move?" Lawton asked.
"I have superpowers. Time travel to be exact." I stated.

"Hmm." Lawton hummed.

John ran down to us, with someone else following behind him.
"Tsk, Tsk. Disobeying orders, John. Behind you." Deadshot said, shooting two guards.

"That's two you owe me, Junior." Deadshot joked.
"We have to go." Dig said.

"Waller said to stay." I said

"Theres an incoming drone strike." Dig said.

"How contemporary. Get your team clear." Deadshot said.
"You're on my team. And it's time for you to go." Dig said, after he moved and Lawton pointed a gun at him.

"Yeah, that's right. It is time. And this is my way to go. Suicide Squad, remember? I'm expendable, John. Even got the damn bomb in my head to prove it." Lawton said.

"This way, at least, I get to go out doing something honorable." He added.
"You don't get to die that easy, Lawton." Dig said.
"Give me one good reason why not." Lawton asked.
"Zoe." I said.

Lawton struggled. He loved his daughter so much.

"What about the nerve gas?" I asked.
"Believe me. Waller's already got that covered." Dig said. We ran from the house and got into the van. Tiger sped off, down the road.

"The drones shifted course. They're following us." Lyla said.
Lawton laughed.

"Do you find that funny?" Dig asked.
"The wall. What a woman. How do you think she knew where to send the drone, huh? And I mean the precise coordinates." Lawton asked.
"The implants." Dig said.
"Bomb and GPS. Pretty clever right. The drone ain't targeting Gholem's house. It's targeting me." Lawton said.

I grabbed Tiger's claws, and moved towards Lawton.

"Whoa, hang on, do I get a say in this?" Lawton asked.
"Turn around." Lyla ordered.

"Anna, the chip is just below the base of the neck." Lyla told me. I nodded.

"What are you doing?" Dig asked.
"Look, I think I'd rather get blown up!" Lawton said as he pulled off his coat.
"Hold still. This is going to hurt." I said, digging the chip out of his back.

Lawton grunted in pain as I carved the chip out of his neck.

Dig tossed it out of the van, and it landed in the street. The drone struck behind us.

Back home, Waller fixed my brainwave patterns. I promised I'd never help her again. Waller sent me to the med bay where Lawton was getting patched up. The male nurse that was stitching him up, gave me a nasty glare. He did not like my carving skills.

After the nurse was done, he left Lawton and I alone. We were quiet for a long time, just staring at each other.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"For what?" Lawton questioned.
"For how I left." I stated.

"Heh. One minute I ask you to order take out, the next I hear that you've been put into a coma by some explosion. It's been a very long time Anna." Lawton drawled.

"I'm sorry." I apologized again.
A guard came into the room, and stood waiting for Lawton.

"Come visit sometime, will ya?" Lawton asked, jokingly.

"Of course." I replied in a fake English accent.

Lawton walked over to the guard, and then turned back to me.

"Anna." He nodded, telling me goodbye.

I smiled at him, and returned to Central City, April 2015.