.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

Ava

        I slammed the door shut and ignited the engine; driving out of the mansion. I was shaking, my breathing increasing rapidly.

My car was at it's maximum speed. I could feel my blood pumping fastly, my eyes getting heavier by each passing second.

When I got onto a relatively empty road and I revved up the beast. As I pushed the throttle down, I could hear the 4.5L V8 leap to life and feel the power of 570 horses throw me back in my seat as I rocketed forward.

And then came the climax, the epitome of adrenaline and the force of multiple G forces took my brain to a tizzy. I was hurting, my body was hurting, my mind was screaming me to stop but I didn't.

The cold air which was hitting me like a slap was making it difficult for me to open my eyes. I wanted this wind to ease my pain which I was feeling inside. The road was wet and slippery and I knew I will crash at any time near any corner.

I swivelled the wheel, taking a left when my car screeched by the movement. I forgot about the rest of the world and floored the throttle. The engine screamed to life and I took the engine close to redlining before I shifted and as I shot across the road like a bullet, the rest of the world around me turned to a haze.

I could only see the road ahead, dead straight spinning like an illusion and as an arrow and was constantly making sure I do not stray into the opposite lane with oncoming traffic.

It almost felt like I was going to take off and fly at that very instant. This was my escape. Driving car in this speed, racing with the air was my escape. After all, I had a dream of becoming a racer.

But nothing was helping. I could still feel the pang inside me, I felt like I was being torn apart.

I had no idea what this was, this was strange to me. The movement Aaron said those words, something in me cracked.

I wasn't expecting anything from him. But why did I feel rejected?

I was getting confused more and more, the pain in me rushing through my veins. I wanted to cry, but I did not. I won't let this thing take over my senses.

My head was hurting with all these questions which kept ringing in my head. I couldn't hold this anymore. So, I gave up, I let the tears flow down my cheeks. The familiar burn in my eyes skyrocketed.

I could see the end of the stretch far away, and then I found someone on the highway.

Shıt! No no no!

It took me a couple of seconds to react to that and even before I hit the brakes, I could see that person approaching me very fast. I almost jammed the brakes and the deceleration was intense as I bore my entire weight on my left lag holding on to the wheel with my hands and pushing down on the leg rest.

The car came close to a dizzying halt, the tires screeched and the engine roared to it's end. It took me a while to understand that, as my nerves calmed, my legs stopped shaking and the adrenaline rush started to subside.

I breathed a sigh in relief when I found that I didn't touch or hit the boy who was clutching his bag tightly against his chest, shaking hastily. I stepped out and rushed to his side, checking if in any case he was hurt.

"Are you okay?" I enquired, "I'm so sorry," I apologised quickly.

"It's fine, I'm okay," He said, nodding and stuffing his things in his bag which must have fallen. All the time, He never made an eye contact with me.