Protection ~ 10K/Reader

You shuffled from one leg to the other as you waited for the test to develop, shaking your hand slightly as if it would speed up the results. Looking down at the stick you saw your answer.

Positive.

"Ughhh." You cried out as your body sunk to the floor, your back sliding down the bathroom counter.

"(Y/N)? Is everything okay?" 10K walked into the en suite bathroom, crouching down beside you.

"No," You didn't look up at him but you showed him the stick.

"What does that mean?" 10K was confused. Two lines on a stick.

"Pregnant." was all you could manage to mumble out. 10K looked shocked at first before trying to rationalise his thoughts.

"But didn't we use protection?" 10K scratched his head in confusion.

"Condoms aren't 100%, 10K." You deadpanned, glaring at the stupid lines on the pregnancy test you'd used, "Plus we ran out last week, remember?"

"Oh yeah," You saw 10K's eyes drift off and you glared, "Tommy, focus!" You snapped, making 10K jump.

"Sorry, sorry." He blushed, coming to sit beside you. "So, what should we do? Should we tell the others?"

"We might have to." You sighed, running your hands through your greasy hair. What you wouldn't do for a nice, calming bubble bath right about now.

"Hey guys, we need to head out." Addy stuck her head around the door, seeing you both sat on the bathroom floor, noticing the stick you held in your hands.

"Are you-" She paused, noting the look on your face. "YOU ARE. How? When?" You noted the slight smile on her face.

"I think you know how, Addy. I have no idea when." You grumbled.

"What's taking so long?" You heard Doc's voice from down the hallway and you groaned. This was not how you wanted people to find out.

"(Y/N)'s pregnant." Addy rolled off simply.

"What? Way to go, 10K!" Doc ambled into the bathroom, gripping 10K on the shoulder firmly, as he blushed from his position beside you.

"This isn't a good thing, Doc." You looked up to the doorway to see Warren standing beside Addy, arms crossed.

Oh shit.

"Why weren't you using protection?"

"We ran out.." You mumbled feebly, it was like being scolded by your parents.

"How?" Addy's eyes widened, "I gave you like 4 boxes?"

"I know." You blushed.

"There's no way you could have used that many."

"Well it was winter when you gave them to me, so we were in that house for the whole of December." You mumbled, willing the ground to swallow you whole. Warren replied with a 'mhm' waiting for you to divulge more information.

"Then we went out on the supply run in to town."

"When you guy's didn't come back with anything? I knew it." Addy started laughing which made you blush more.

"That still doesn't add up to why you stopped using protection." Warren frowned.

"We ran out, honestly." You blushed.

"You forgot the time by the lake-"

"Shut up, 10K." You clamped your hand over his mouth as you felt your cheeks redden, "We used our final one last week. We haven't managed to find any since."

"I don't know why ya'll couldn't keep it in your pants." Warren shook her head before exiting the bathroom. The whole conversation was mortifying.

~

A week later you had the biggest relief of your life when mother nature came along. You'd never been so happy to have your time of the month. You ran downstairs and into the kitchen, clutching the pregnancy test inside its box and grinning.

"Guys, I'm not pregnant." You threw the pregnancy kit on the table. "I just got my period."

Warren's face seemed to show some relief as she sat back in her chair, Murphy grumbled about you throwing your used kit on the table where he was eating and Doc gave 10K a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.

Meanwhile Addy was inspecting the pregnancy kit box you had used, trailing her fingers over the fine print.

"Fucking hell, (Y/N). You shouldn't trust a pregnancy test that's been out of date three years." Addy held her hand against her forehead in relief.

"So are you pregnant?" 10K asked meekly.

"NO." You shouted along with Doc, Warren and Addy in unison which caused 10K to stumble back slightly.