Separated ~ 10K/Reader

10K's gun was poised in front of him as he repeatedly fired off shots at the Z's that were coming towards him. His shots all hit dead on and you weren't worried about him. Until you saw what looked like a horse coming up behind him. It looked covered in blood and feral.

Staring through the trees you stretched your arm out straight in front of you, the firearm in your hands, you closed one eye to try and steady your aim and fired the shot. The bullet flew through the sky and hit the Z in the side of the head, you were sure it was going to skim past it but it did enough to knock it down. You sighed in relief as you ran towards 10K.

"Zombie horse." 10K let out a dry laugh as you looked utterly mortified.

"That is something I did not want to see. At least it wasn't a baby one." You mused.

"You wouldn't shoot a baby horse to save me?" 10K placed a hand on his heart pretending to be hurt.

"It depends how cute the horse is." You grinned in reply, looking around. There was no sign of the others, you'd been split up after coming across a giant horde but you were glad you had managed to find 10K, you weren't completely alone.

"So what have you got?" You asked, motioning to 10K's backpack. Your left yours in the vehicle and you were kicking yourself. 10K took the bag off his shoulders and handed it to you to search through it.

"Empty clip, oh some bullets" You shook the cardboard box hearing there was a few inside, clothes, clothes," You picked out another box and you immediately felt a heat raise to your cheeks.

"Big boy condoms?" You read the label, holding it up to 10K. 10K's eyes flashed and he immediately tried to grab the box from your hands.

"I forgot all about those, Addy gave them to me and I didn't realize they were in there" He tried to stutter out excuses.

"You must have kept them for a reason," You grinned, you loved making 10K uncomfortable when it came to women, he was so innocent it really was adorable, and completely different to all the other guys left in the world.

"I'm only teasing, 10." You smiled, placing the box back inside his bag and standing up, "We need to try and find a way to Wisconsin. That's where Warren was heading in the truck."

"Okay, but how are we gonna make it there?" He asked, putting the backpack back on and kicking the dirt with his boots slightly.

"Dunno, but it's definitely that way." You pointed and began a casual walk, 10K stepping in to line beside you. You walked in silence for a while before you came to stop near the side of the road, there was a huge bush that seemed to be grown over and as you walked over to investigate you noted a shine that reflected from the sun.

"Bingo," You grinned, pulling the bush away and finding the wheel to a motorcycle. 10K came over to help you clear the brush as you lifted the bike up. It looked in pretty good condition. You took a bobby pin out from your already messy hair and began to fiddle with the ignition, trying to see if it had fuel inside. You heard the familiar whirl of the bike as it came to life and you breathed a sigh of relief when you found it had fuel inside it.

"Do you even know how to ride this thing?" 10K asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

"No," You shrugged, "But at least I know how to drive a car" You stuck your tongue out at him. You kicked a leg up over the bike and settled yourself down. 10K rummaged in his bag once more and pulled out a pair of goggles, handing them over to you.

"Okay, Mary Poppins. What else is in the bag?" You grinned, placing them on. 10K looked at you like you were crazy and uttered a 'who?' which just made you smile even more.

"You getting on?" You looked towards 10K. 10K seemed to think for a second before pulling the goggles that sat on his head down over his eyes and climbing on behind you.

You kicked off the bike and began to drive, 10K grasping his arms around your waist in shock as he nearly tumbled off the back. You felt the muscles in his arms squeezing you tightly as you sped up.

The sky began to turn a deep orange as the sunset. You needed to find a place to stay before it got too dark. It would be far too dangerous to drive the motorcycle in the dark if you encountered any Z's. You decided to stop in front of a cabin that looked fairly run down, but it looked free of Z's and would give you somewhere to stay for the night. 10K insisted on entering the building first, his gun pointed and ears alert. You followed in behind him and noted it looked quite cozy. The kitchen was open and in the same room as the living room. There was a small bedroom at the back and a small bathroom. There was no one here. 10K came back towards you and nodded, giving the all clear. You pulled your bag off your shoulder and walked in to the bedroom. Falling backwards on to it. 10K came in to the room beside you and sat on the edge of the bed.

"There's hot water." You immediately sat bolt upright at this.

"What?" Your eyes must have looked excited because 10K gave you a grin.

"Do you want to go first?" He didn't need to ask you twice as you had already stood up from the bed and ran in to the small bathroom, pulling your shirt over your head, not even caring that 10K was there.

You started up the shower and put it on such a hot setting that it made your skin turn a slight red colour, but you didn't care. You stepped inside the cubicle and hissed in bliss as the stream of water touched your skin. You shampooed your hair at least 3 times and watched as the dirt was washed away from your body. You didn't want to get out, but you didn't want to deny 10K the chance of feeling clean, especially if you used all the hot water. You climbed out regretfully and looked around the bathroom for towels, opening a cabinate door and smiling in victory. You wrapped the towel around yourself after squeezing the excess water from your hair, picking up your dirty clothes and stepped back into the bedroom. 10K looked up towards you, taking in your figure wrapped in the towel, before looking away shyly.

"Sorry, I didn't want to put my dirty clothes back on." You murmured, "I forgot to bring my clean clothes in with me."

10K shook his head before taking his turn in the bathroom. You heard the sound of the shower start up as you changed in to clean clothes, rubbing the towel in your hair again to try and get it to dry quicker. Oh how you missed Hair dryers and straightening irons.

10K stepped out of the bathroom, fully clothed, looking much cleaner. His skin looked a lighter shade and his arms were no longer covered in dirt.

"Do you think someone should stay up and keep watch?" He murmured, his hair hung wildly in his face as he was no longer wearing his bandanna or goggles. He looked really attractive right now and you had to stop yourself from staring.

"It'll be okay, 10. We'll push something against the door." You motioned towards the large chest of drawers that was near the door. 10K nodded and helped you move it in front of the already closed door. You readied yourself for sleep, taking your shoes off. It was a relatively cold night so you kept your layers on, sliding underneath the blankets. 10K clambered in awkwardly beside you, staring at the ceiling. You shivered as you hugged your arms around yourself, trying to keep warm.

"Maybe we should stick together, you know. For body heat." 10K felt the heat rise inside him at that comment and he waited for your response.

"10K, if you want to cuddle you only have to ask," You grinned at him. 10K raised an arm over your head and placed it around your shoulders, easing you towards his body. You placed your head on his chest, entwining your legs together under the duvet.

"What happens if we don't find the rest of the group?" You asked.

"They'll find us. Doc wouldn't leave me." He whispered.

"But we're not the mission. The mission is still California."

"We have each other, that's all that matters for now." You smiled at this and leaned up to place a soft kiss on 10K's lips. 10K's other arm came round as he held you to his body tightly, pressing a kiss on your forehead as you both drifted to sleep.