El Camino ~ 10K/Reader

Walking away from the compound you breathed a sigh of relief, having escaped the completely insane situation you'd found yourself in. You pulled awkwardly at the dress that La Reina's minions had dressed you in, really feeling quite how short it was now you were back in the apocalypse. Your first mission now was to find more practical clothing, well, after you found a ride.

"El Camino~" You heard ring out and you almost didn't recognise the voice to be 10K's, but you grinned when you saw what he was looking at. In the sea of totalled vehicles there was a row of El Camino's. 10K and Doc turned to look at each other before grinning and running towards the vehicles. You smiled and jogged to catch up, moving to the drivers side of a red El Camino.

"I'm driving," You looked over and raised an eyebrow as 10K tried to nudge you out of the way. You raised an eyebrow towards him as you made your way around to the passenger side door, climbing in. 10K fiddled with the ignition trying to start the car up, taking pity on him you removed a bobby pin from your hair and fiddled with the lock, hearing the familiar whirr of an engine and giving 10K a victorious smile.

"I never got to say it before, but you look really beautiful." 10K mumbled, looking at you from the corner of his eyes.

"You're not so bad yourself, 10" You smiled, your heart welling at his words,

"But honestly, I am changing as soon as we find different clothes."

"Why?" You noticed he looked disappointed.

"These aren't exactly practical," You motioned to your dress and tights.

"I could just imagine you wearing a dress like that if I could take you out on a real date." He spoke so quietly, his cheeks going pink.

"A real date, that sounds so amazing." You noticed that 10K's eyes were looking towards the wing mirror, as he moved one of his hands to reach in to his jacket pocket, pulling out a sling shot.

"10K what are you doing?" Your eyes widened as he pulled his goggles down and opened the car door, giving you a grin before sliding out slightly. You watched in alarm as he pulled out his sling shot and aimed towards the sky, you tried to angle your body around to see what he was aiming at, but all you saw was what appeared to be a drone falling to the ground. You tried to calm your heartbeat as 10K moved back in to the vehicle, closing the door and taking the wheel once more.

"Oh my gosh, 10K. My heart." You put a hand to your heart in emphasis. 10K smiled towards you and moved a gloved hand over to rest on your thigh to reassure you as you tried to steady your breathing.

"What were you saying?" 10K spoke as if that hadn't just happened.
Ignoring the question, you leaned over and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, before resting your head on his shoulder and shutting your eyes.

"What do you think will happen when we finally get Murphy to the CDC?" You asked tiredly, you'd spent so long on this mission it felt so strange to be so close to completing it.

"Hopefully they'll create a cure with Murphy's blood and we can start the world over."

"Before you hit 10K? I thought you liked the name Jeff" You smiled.

"Maybe I'll just be Tommy." You felt him shrug his shoulders slightly.

"Well, I love Tommy." 10K didn't say anything in return but you felt him squeeze your thigh softly.