Awkward Flirting ~ 10K/Reader

"Girls like guys that are assertive." Mack slapped 10K on the back, "Just go over there and tell her you like her and you want to go out with her."

"Nah man, (Y/N) isn't like that. You need those pick up lines. I'll teach you, Kid." Doc waved Mack away.

"10K seriously, try my way first. Who's the only guy in the group with a girlfriend right now?" Mack puffed out his chest slightly.

"Only because you got to her first." Murphy interjected from inside the truck, through the back window.

"What if she hears you" 10K whispered harshly, "I shouldn't have said anything."

"Listen, Kid. Try the pick up line first." Mack gave 10K a slight push to where you were and gave a thumbs up.

10K came around the front of the truck and you saw him coming out of the corner of your eye.

"Hey, 10. Whats up?" You grinned at 10K has he stood by the bonnet of the car. You were standing beside Addy with a wrench in your hand as Warren worked at the cars engine.

"Uh- Nothing." 10K stuttered. You glanced over at Addy who looked back at you with an amused look.

"Oh, okay. Is there anything we can help you with?" You smiled.

"I'm no Fred Flinstone, but I could make your bed rock." 10K blurted out loud as if rehersed and then stood in front of you in silence. Addy and Warren burst out laughing.

"10K, Do you even know who Fred Flinstone is?" Warren stood up from the engine and wiped her hands on her pants.

"Uh-no." 10K turned and walked back to the bed of the truck. You looked at Addy in confusion as she started laughing.

"Where did he get that pick up line from?" You laughed.

"I'm pretty sure Mack tried that on me when we first started dating." Addy got out between laughter. Warren gave Addy a look as if to say 'And you're still with him?'

"10K's been acting weird recently, weirder than usual." You mused.
"You must be able to work out why." Addy gave you a look.

_______________

"You said it would work." 10K came back to the bed of the truck and glared at Mack. He could still hear you giggling with Addy and Warren.

"Hey man, it worked for me with Addy." Mack wiggled his eyebrows, "But then I do have a natural charisma."

"Just tell her you like her, Kid. Love is love." Doc smiled towards 10K.

"I'm definitely not doing that." 10K took a seat back in the bed of the truck, resting against the side of it and took a swig of water.

_______________

You had decided to stay in a house overnight to catch up on sleep and collect supplies while it rained heavily outside. You were sitting in the large living room with Addy and Warren while Murphy, Doc, Mack and 10K sat in the kitchen playing cards.

"What was up with 10K today," Warren asked you, throwing her feet up on to the coffee table from her position on the couch.

"I dunno. Maybe it was heatstroke from blushing too much?" Addy shoved your shoulder playfully.

"Leave him alone, guys." You smiled.

"Why don't you just tell him you like him already?" Addy asked you.

"I don't want him to reject me and it to be awkward. " You stated simply.

"Oh yeah, cause he will totally reject you" Addy gave you a look as if to say 'wtf'.

"You never know. He might like someone else." Both Warren and Addy gave you a 'are you kidding?' look.

"Okay, so maybe I will tell him tonight."

_______________

"When all else fails." Murphy slammed a bottle down on the table in front of 10K.

"Uh, what is this?" 10K asked, picking it up and staring at the brown liquid.

"This, my friend. Is liquid courage." Murphy snatched the bottle from 10K's hands and took a swig, before handing it back.

"You've tried these idiots methods and look where that got you. It can't really be any worse can it? Have you got any ID, Kid?"

10K stared at the bottle, it actually couldn't. He was convinced (Y/N) thought he was insane today. 10K picked the bottle up to his lips and took a swig. It tasted vile, but if it helped you notice him he was willing. Murphy made a movement with his hands as if to tell him to drink more and he held the bottle up again, this time Murphy held the bottom so 10K drank more. The brown liquid burned his throat on the way down and he spluttered slightly, wiping away the liquid that had missed his mouth with the back of his hand.

"What is that stuff anyway?" 10K asked with a cough.

"Whisky" Mack said with a smile, leaning over and grabbing the bottle from 10K and taking a swig of his own.

"I don't feel any different." 10K said quietly.

"Wait for it," Murphy placed a cigarette behind his ears as he looked down at the cards that Doc had dealt to him.

_______________

10K's head was spinning as he stumbled in to the living room where you were sitting with Warren and Addy.

"(Y/N), Can I talk to you?" 10K slurred slightly and you looked up quizzically.

"Sure, 10. What's up?" You smiled, 10K motioned for you to leave the room with him so you got up and followed him in to the hallway, glancing back at Warren and Addy in confusion.

You came to a stop in front of 10K who was leaning against the wall slightly.

"10K, are you dru-" before you could finish your sentence 10K's lips were on top of your own. You blinked in shock and confusion and didn't have a chance to move before he pulled back.

"I really like you. A lot. I have for the longest time but I didn't want to tell you and ruin our friendship in case you didn't like me and I've never liked a girl before and Mack and Doc said I should tell you so I tried to tell you but it didn't work so-" 10K spluttered all in one go and you quickly placed a finger on his lips to get him to stop talking.

"10K, did they get you drunk?" You laughed.

"Murphy gave it to me. He said," 10K's eyes went to the ceiling as if trying to remember what Murphy had said. "Liquid luck."

"Well I like you too, 10K." You laughed and wrapped your arms around his neck. 10K smiled at this and leaned down to kiss your lips but his body swayed slightly and he ended up falling against you instead.

"Let's get you to bed, Smooth talker." You laughed as 10K leaned against you.

"Did you know what you meant when you said you want to make my bedrock?" You smirked as you made your way to one of the bedrooms.

"No.." 10K shook his head.

"Thought not." You leaned up and gave him a kiss.

"Will you show me?"

That would definitely be a conversation for another time.