Request ~ 10K/Reader

10K emerged from the river, coughing and spluttering. He managed to pull himself from the rapids and collapse on the harsh sand, trying to cough the final bit of water from his lungs. His hands rushed to his side as he felt a wound seeping blood. He winced, looking around for anything he could do to seal it from infection. He needed to find (Y/N) and the others. He picked up the bag from the ground which held the vaccine and began walking through the trees.

____________________________

"10K?" Addy's eyes held so much confusion in them as he stepped towards the group. Doc rushed passed her towards 10K and grabbed him in a bear hug, nearly toppling both of them backwards. Addy snapped out of her confused state and ran to join Doc at 10K's side, embracing him tightly.

"How are you? 10K. What happened?" Warren asked in shock as she placed a hand on 10K's shoulder, squeezing it softly.

"I knew you were still alive. That shot that was fired when we found Murphy off the boat. It had to be you, Kid." Doc said honestly.

"I- Dr Merch. She gave me the vaccine. The original one. It makes me immune to Murphy's control."

"He bit you?" Addy's face was in complete shock. 10K hesitantly pulled back his jacket, showing the bitemark on his neck.

"Where's (Y/N)?" 10K asked, nervous for the answer. If she wasn't with the group it could only mean one thing.

Was she dead?

"She thought you were dead, 10K." Addy whispered, suddenly finding the ground more interesting as she adverted her eyes.

"So where is she?" 10K's voice raised a little higher now, his heart clenched inside his chest.

"We don't know." Warren said honestly and 10K's face screwed up slightly.

"How don't you know?" 10K was getting more and more agitated.

"She was talking about going to find you. We didn't actually think she was serious. She left. During the night." Addy tried to hold 10K's arm but he pulled away harshly.

"You let her leave?" Everyone looked at 10K in shock, not used to hearing him raise his voice.

"We didn't even see her go, My Friend." Hector called from his position further back from the group, giving them their space.

10K didn't even respond to this, the anger inside of him was building.

"I need a gun." 10K's face was straight.

"Kid-" Doc tried to interject but 10K cut him off.

"I need a gun, Doc." His voice was raised and he clenched his fists.

Doc made his way to the car they were travelling in, opening the boot. He pulled our a rifle that was a similar shape to the one 10K was used to using, but the scope was slightly smaller. 10K took it from Doc, hooking it around his shoulders, opening his bag and throwing a box of bullets inside.

Without a word 10K turned to go back in the direction he had came, a slightly faster pace than before.

____________________________

"Hey, Kid. You left before your guest could get here." 10K heard Murphy's voice in his head and tried to block it out.

Dr Merch said he would know when he needed to take more of the HZN1 vaccine. 10K opened his bag and took out one of the canisters, taking the top off and adjusting the needle towards the skin on his thigh.

"(Y/N), you look simply radiant pregnant. Who knew the Kid had it in him." 10K stopped suddenly. Expecting. His heart nearly stopped.

10K shoved the needle in to his skin angrily, wincing at the pain it caused.