Long Distance ~ 10K/Reader

"Simon, this is the most boring job ever. I never thought I'd get stuck in the apocalypse with you." You huffed, kicking your feet up on to the desk.

"I told you, Y/N. It's Citizen Z now. Don't use my real name." Citizen Z covered the microphone as if it was still recording. You rolled your eyes.

"If my calculations are correct Operation Bite-mark should be coming through this area soon. We need to update them with the new CDC coordinates."

"Do you really think this is going to work?" You said uncertainly. You'd been stuck at Camp Northern Light longer than you remembered and if Murphy was your only hope it really wasn't much hope at all.

"It has to."

"I'm going to the bathroom, call me if Operation Bite-mark arrive." Citizen Z left his post and walked out of the room, leaving you alone in the comms room with Pup. You shut your eyes boredly, throwing your head against the back of the computer chair. You heard heavy breathing and opened your eyes to look at the image on the screen.

"10K?!" You noticed his face come into view on the camera and you blushed, immediately pulling your legs down from their position on the desk and trying desperately to smooth out your hair. You looked at your image on the screen and winced, wishing that you had some sort of make up to make you look more attractive, but it was the apocalypse after all.

"H-hi" You grinned, noting the small smile he gave you in return.

"Hey, Y/N. It's good to hear your voice." He murmured, making butterflies erupt inside you. "Where's Citizen Z?"

"Oh, he's somewhere." You motioned behind you, keeping your eyes locked on to him. He looked different, his muscular arms shown visibly in the camouflage shirt he was wearing, his hair stood up at different angles. This look definitely suited him.

"Y/N. Y/N. Can you still hear me?" The sound of 10K's voice pulled you out of your thoughts as you shook your head slightly.

"Oh, yeah. Loud and clear, sorry." You blushed.

"Is everyone okay?" You asked nervously, twirling your hair between your finger unconsciously.

"Yeah, we ran out of gas though. I noticed this camera set up. Addy said Citizen Z would have new coordinates for the CDC for us if we made it to this location?"

"Oh, yeah. They're... somewhere." You looked around at the mess of papers that littered the area.

"Si-Citizen Z will find them when he gets back" You smiled awkwardly, taking in his features.

"You look good-" You blurted out without thinking before blushing red. You noted how 10K scrunched his features up cutely as his lip upturned in a small smile, and you wished the camera was better quality. "The shirt suits you."

"Uh, thanks?" He smiled back at you, running a hand through his hair slightly.

"You look good too"

"You can see me!?" You weren't sure if he could before, but now you knew he could it made you even more nervous.

"Yeah," He smiled, "Your hair looks nice."

"Thanks. What's it like out there?" You motioned behind him.

"Still the apocalypse." He replied cryptically.

"Tell me about it." You were stuck in the North Pole during the apocalypse after all.

"It sounds stupid but I wish I was out there with you guys." You probably sounded insane to him, wondering if each day would be his last.

"It's pretty messed up here." He murmured.

"I guess I just wish I was with you." You said with a laugh in your voice, but deep down you definitely weren't joking.

"Once you get to the CDC lab, you'll find Dr Merch and then hopefully create a vaccine." You smiled, hope evident in your voice, "Then we might finally meet."

"Then I'll never have to see Murphy again," He muttered which made you smile.

"Do you think we'll ever meet?" You asked, uncertainty evident in your voice.

"I hope so." 10K looked straight in to the camera, almost as if you were looking in to each others eyes.

"Ahem." You heard someone behind you and turned around to glare at Citizen Z who was giving you a look.

"Oh, you can talk. Addison Carver." You noted the blush that immediately appeared on his features.

"10K needs the coordinates." You motioned to the pile of papers that were strewn around chaotically. Citizen Z walked to a certain area of the desk and pulled out a piece of paper with numbers scribbled on it, relaying them to 10K, who pulled out a pen from his trouser pocket and began writing the coordinates on his arm, you noted how his muscles flexed slightly and went straight back into daydream mode.

"Are you sure writing them down on your arm is a good idea?" Citizen Z asked,

"What if they wash off."

"I won't lose them this way, plus I don't think I'll be showering anytime soon."

"I could help you with the shower-" Your mind immediately went to thoughts of 10K in the shower before you- "Oh, er. I mean I can help you find a shower? There has to be somewhere nearby with a generator-" You tried to cover up your embarrassment.

10K gave you a confused look through the camera and you praised whatever deity you supposed existed that he was so innocent. Citizen Z rolled his eyes before turning back to 10K.

"So where's Addy? Is she okay?"

"She's looking for gas with Warren. We need to fill up before we can leave. There's an abandoned workshop they're hoping still has some fuel, I said I'd walk here to get the coordinates."

"And the package?"

"Package? Oh- He's fine." 10K glared, glancing off to the side.

"Well, good luck with the mission. Tell Addy I said hi and I miss her." Citizen Z said with a smirk, this time making you roll your eyes.

"Bye, 10K" You smiled sweetly, "Hopefully when you make it to the coordinates we'll see each other in person." You winked, making him laugh.

"Bye, Y/N." The camera shut off and the final image of 10K disappeared, you sighed happily and reclined in your seat once more. Glancing over to Citizen Z who had an eyebrow raised.

"So, 10K-"

"Shut UP, Simon." You covered your eyes with your hands in embarrassment.