Cold Part 1 ~ 10K/Reader

You didn't blame them, you couldn't. You were a weak link. They would have died too if they stayed with you. You used the rest of your strength to turn sideways so you lay on the ground, automatically falling into the fetal position. You pulled the hood of your hoodie tighter around your face as you closed your eyes. You wondered where your group were now. If they were still alive. The small handgun they had given you sat in your hand as you palmed the cold metal. There was a single bullet inside and you debated whether you had the nerve to use it or you would let the weather take you.

You were so cold you didn't notice a man run over to your shivering body, placing a hand on your arm. You snapped up slightly in shock, feeling the warmth of his hand awakened something inside you. Your first thought was it was a Z, but Z's weren't that gentle.

"Hey, hey. It's okay" The boy in front of you whispered and you had to blink a few times to make sure you weren't dreaming.

"H-Hi" You shivered; blinking a few more times before trying to get your eyes to settle on the person in front of you. He was wearing a red bandanna paired with some goggles, his black hair poked out from it wildly. His cheeks were defined and made his lips stand out more. You moved your eyes to meet his own and your breath hitched in your throat. His eyes were an icy blue and they seemed to stare straight into your soul. You couldn't turn away.

"What's your name?" You pondered the question. You were so cold it took you a moment to gather your thoughts.

"(Y/N)," You breathed out quietly.

"Why are you out here alone?" He questioned, but you couldn't answer.

Because I'm weak You thought.

You were snapped out of your daze when you felt the boy pull you up from the ground, now sitting upright, you whined slightly as the cold wind hit your body harder now, but you were quickly shielded as the man took his coat off and draped it around your shoulders, pulling it together in front of you. You'd almost forgotten what it felt like to be warm and you tried to pull the rest of your body inside the garment. The man must have noticed your actions because he turned back to the vehicle he must have arrived in. He made a slight nod with his head before turning back towards you.

"C'mon, (Y/N). Let's get you somewhere warm." He whispered soothingly, rubbing his hands up and down your arms softly, trying to generate heat. You hadn't used your voice in a while and barely managed to utter a 'kay' as he made a movement once more to pick you up. He pulled you up enough to get you to your feet but when his arms left you, you bucked, almost falling back down. His quick reactions grabbed you, preventing you from hitting the cold floor. The gun you had been holding dropped to the ground with a 'pang' and the boy looked down at it in shock before looking back at you. He picked it up and placed it inside the pocket in the back of his jeans, after checking whether the safety was on.

"It's okay, I've got you, I've got you" He whispered soothingly into your ears and you felt yourself involuntarily closing your eyes again. You were glad he didn't ask any questions about the gun you held. The boy did something that surprised you and lifted you up in to his arms bridal style. You moved your face towards his chest, loving the feeling of warmth that washed against your body and tried desperately to warm your nose and cheeks up. He could feel your body shivering and he was careful not to let you fall as you involuntarily jerked against the heat he radiated.

"I'm Ten Thousand, by the way"

Ten Thousand? You decided you'd ask later.

10K introduced you to everyone in the vehicle as you tried desperately to keep your eyes open. You were sitting in the boot, 10K's jacket still around your shoulders and his hands rubbing against your sides to try and help you warm up.

"Are we going to pick up every stray and vagrant that we find?" The man 10K had told you was Murphy glared from his position in the car, crossing his arms over his chest indignantly.

"We picked you up, didn't we?" Warren shot back.

"Well, I'm special." Murphy replied sarcastically.

Your body felt like it was stinging at you continued to warm up, your skin trying to cope with the change of heat. The car you were piled into was full of people it radiated heat. You felt yourself involuntarily shiver and lean back into the boy that had addressed you as Ten Thousand. His arm draped over your shoulder loosely.

"I don't think it's a good idea to fall asleep" 10K whispered against your hood, and you nodded your head slightly.

"I'm not." You whispered back. You closed your eyes and leaned against your source of warmth, the boy that had saved you from the brink of death, you were certain you were ready to die, but now you had hope.