Freckles ~ 10K/Reader

You were so glad you had found this group, being separated and isolated sucked. You were down to your last drop of water and hadn't eaten in days. You'd been fighting off two zombies which was proving pretty difficult considering you only had a small hunting knife. The guns in your possession absolutely useless because you had no ammo. Before the apocalypse you'd never even held a gun, but your will to survive was strong. You managed to wedge your hunting knife in to the skull of one of the Z's, but the other grabbed you from behind. You tried to pull the knife out, but it was wedged in deeply. You threw your body forward, hoping to avoid the inevitable, as you clenched your eyes shut. Expecting the end, but it never came. The Z's body weight crushed down upon you, making you fall to the floor. You let out a pitiful squeal, wriggling to try and get out from under it.

That's when you felt the weight of the now immobile Z being pulled from on top of you. You looked up to see who had saved you and your eyes met blue ones.
"Are you okay, ma'am?" The boy standing in front of you was holding out one of his hands for you to take, the other held the rifle which you assumed he had used to kill the Z. You took his hand as he pulled you to your feet, your heart still beating from the adrenaline. The boy in front of you was clad in khaki trousers and a camouflage shirt, a loose fitting scarf wrapped around his neck. He looked dressed for survival and it made you question your basic outfit of jeans and a hoodie.

"M'fine, thanks so much for-" You motioned towards the Z now laying immobile on the floor, "That." You grinned. The boy didn't say anything to you, he just stared in to your eyes.

"10K," Someone called, running towards the boy that stood in front of you who you assumed to be 10K. The man was older, with greying hair and an overgrown beard. It could be his Father.

"Who's this?" He asked, motioning towards you. You realised you had never introduced each other.

"I'm Y/N." You smiled at the man, "He just saved my life." You motioned towards 10K thankfully.

"You're always saving people, Kid." Doc grinned, "C'mon, lets get back to the others."

________________

10K surveyed you from his position beside you, zoning out to what you were saying and just focusing on your face as it went through different emotions as you spoke about your life before meeting operation Bitemark. It had been weeks since he had saved your life and the only times he seemed capable of talking to you was when you weren't alone together.

10K continued to stare at you as you talked animatedly to Addy and Mack who were sitting in the bed of the truck opposite you. He watched how your nose scrunched slightly when you talked about subjects that annoyed you and the glint in your eye when you spoke about your family back home. The hope you still held made him fall for you even more.

Every time you spoke 10K felt himself drifting off, instead focusing on what you looked like. He started to think about what it would feel like to hold you, to kiss you. He was pulled from his thoughts when you squeezed his arm softly.

"10K, is something wrong?" You tilted your head to the side, your nose scrunching up in confusion. The freckles splayed along your face made you even cuter.

10K didn't say anything but instead averted his gaze to the side, the tips of his ears going a pink colour.

You gave him a bemused look before turning around to keep talking to Addy, giggling slightly. The wrinkle in your nose made 10K focus on the freckles that dusted against your skin once more.

______________

Warren stopped the truck at the side of the road due to Murphy demanding he needed to relieve himself now.