Loss ~ 10K/Reader

You were sitting in the back of the SUV, your feet were thrown over 10K's lap as you tried to relax on the long journey. You were getting closer to California, you were only a state line away. Everything felt so close, you could deliver Murphy and find the cure, or at least you hoped so. You were sitting in the back of the SUV with 10K, one of his hands rested on your legs, the other was on your thighs.

As you were driving down the road you noticed a half broken sign which someone had drawn a crude picture of "The Murphy" on.

"Oh hey, Murphy. Looks like they got your nose right," Addy burst out laughing as Murphy huffed and crossed his arms in annoyance.

You laughed at Murphys reaction, threading 10K's fingers through your own. 10K's lips upturned in a small smile and you couldn't help but lean over and peck him on the cheek.

"Would you guys stop. I think I just threw up in my mouth." Murphy turned towards the back of the truck where you and 10K were sitting.

"Leave them alone," Addy slapped Murphy's arm trying to get him to turn back around.

"It's young love, man. Gotta let it happen." Doc agreed from beside Addy, not even turning around to look at you.

10K's cheeks went red at this and you squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"Okay, we're gonna stop here. Addy, Doc. Try and find a radio to contact Citizen Z. 10K, (Y/N), look for supplies. Our waters pretty low." Warren assessed her canteen before shaking Vasquez's to compare. "We'll try to siphon some fuel from these vehicles so we can keep going. We're getting closer now." Warren gave Murphy a look as he began to slink off before he came back towards her like he was under her control and they made their way towards the sea of cars in the small town.

10K nudged your arm as he pointed towards a small store that looked like an mixture between a pharmacy and a convenience store.

"Don't you think that would have already been raided? Drugs is where most people would go first during an apocalypse." You asked as you followed 10K towards the shop.

"It's a pretty small town so maybe they didn't think about raiding it before they left" 10K was right, this town was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and it did look rather clean for somewhere that you thought might be looted.

10K shook the door slightly, locked.

You stepped forward and grinned, removing one of the bobby pins from your hair. Sure you sucked at fighting but one thing you were awesome at was picking locks. You bent the pin and began to jiggle it inside the keyhole, trying to judge the pattern, you heard a familiar click and smiled in success, pushing the door open and holding out your arm towards 10K.

"After you, Sir" you grinned playfully as you held the door open for him. He nodded his head towards you and winked before walking in first. His rifle poised at his side in case.

You looked around the store and you were surprised how much was still here. Certain items had been cleared out completely but most of the store was still here. You grinned over at 10K who smiled wildly back at you as you began filling your backpacks.

"We might have to make a couple of trips! There's so much useful stuff here. And they have so many chocolate bars" You squealed happily as you picked up a twix.

"We should take the medicine first." 10K told you sensibly, heading back towards the pharmacy section, and you pouted.

"You're always preparing for the worst, 10K." You stuck your tongue out at him before shoving half the twix bar in to your mouth. 10K raised an eyebrow at you as your cheeks puffed out as you chewed with your mouth open.

"You look so beautiful right now," 10K said with an amused tone in his voice. You shrugged your shoulders as you walked towards the drinks, grabbing a bottle of water and taking a gulp.

"Have you put anything in our backpack yet?" 10K asked as you held it up for him to inspect. The only things inside were chocolate bars and candy. 10K gave you a look before taking the bag off you and giving you his own, which looked full of medicine.

"Take this back to the car and grab another one. I'll keep grabbing stuff." You nodded your head as you turned on your heel and made your way back to the SUV. You opened the boot of the car and threw the backpack inside, reaching over to grab Doc's bag to use as storage because it was the biggest. As you turned to make your way back towards the store you felt something grab you.

You froze.

You heard and smelt the decaying flesh and you squeaked involuntarily, your hands dropping the bag and stumbling to find your knife which was holstered at your side. You turned to try and stab the Z but it was towering over your small frame, you held your arms up to try and block its teeth but it caught you on your forearm and you screamed in pain, pulling your arm back towards you instinctively, the Z then surged forward and managed to take a bite out of your shoulder as you screamed even louder. A shot rang through the air as it hit the Z straight through the head. You knew who had made the shot. The Z's dead weight fell on to you and you collapsed on the ground, the Z directly on top of you. Your sobbed uncontrollably, the pain making your vision blurry.

You felt someone throw the Z off you completely before falling down beside you, holding your cheeks in their hands.

"10K," you mumbled, "It hurts" Your shirt felt wet from all the blood and there was a stinging pain coursing through your entire body.

"It's okay, you're gonna be okay. It's fine" 10K pulled off his sweater, holding it against the bite wound on your shoulder and applying pressure, trying to stop the blood from flowing. The loss of blood was making you dizzy and your breathing sped up, probably making the loss of blood worse.

"I told you I wasn't made for the apocalypse." You tried to joke but the look 10K gave you told you it wasn't the time. He looked so scared and lost. You had never seen 10K scared.

"Doc, over here!" 10K called as someone else came down beside you. 10K pulled the sweater away from the wound and Doc looked at it with a solemn look to his features.

"I don't think there's anything I can do, Kid." Doc looked down at you regretfully. You already knew he was going to say that but it still caused a sad pang in your chest. Addy dropped to her knees beside Doc and she was crying. You told her not to cry, that everything would be okay, and you were sure it would be. 10K pulled your body closer to his own in an awkward hug, he was getting your blood all over him but he didn't seem to care.

"I'm so sorry. It's all my fault I should have been looking." 10K's words gushed out and you rasped out a 'shush' as you tried to centre your hazy vision.

"10K. I need you to end it for me, please. I'm not strong enough to do it on my own." You whispered, into his ear as he held your body.

10K pulled back and looked at you as if you had grown another head.

"What about Murphy, he could-"

"I don't want to lose control of my own body, Tommy. Please." You cut him off, tears following down your cheeks.

"Doc, you've got to save her. Do something. We found bandages, and medicine-" 10K's eyes welled up as he looked down at your fallen frame. He pulled at your shirt, ripping it open so he could physically see the wound, but he couldn't due to the amount of blood seeping through.

"Tommy, it-it's okay." You rasped, "I want you to do it," You pleaded, and as your eyes locked on to 10K's he reached inside his pocket and pulled out his handgun.

You coughed and spluttered as blood caught in your throat. You used your last bit of energy to place your hand on 10K's, wrapping around the cool handle of the gun. You looked in to his eyes pleadingly as you could feel his body shaking. The gun was poised at your temple, you didn't even feel it touching your head as the pain was so harsh. 10K couldn't move his fingers so you tugged gently, the trigger blew and everything went dark.

The last thing you saw in your vision was 10K.