Jealous ~ 10K/Reader

The screen lit up with Citizen Z's grinning face on it, there was a small camera above this which you assumed meant that he could see you too.

"Hey, its Citizen Z!" You grinned up at the image on the screen.

"Hi! (Y/N). Looking gorgeous as always." You blushed lightly as you were confused at the action. Luckily you were saved by the embarrassment as Citizen Z asked to see Murphy, who was standing beside 10K and moved him out of the way slightly so he could come in to view. This action made 10K rub up against your back and you turned around to look at his eyes but he was looking stoically ahead, seemingly at Citizen Z.

You faced forward continuing to listen to Citizen Z talking about the mission and where you would be going to next.

"The mission is a go, thanks to yours truly. That's good news, right?" Citizen Z's voice rang out.

"Good news would be a package of Oreos and a couple gallons of milk." 10K muttered sarcastically, glaring up at the virtual image of Citizen Z.

Citizen Z instructed you on where to go next and you all piled out of the small room, making your way towards the truck. You climbed in to the truck bed along with 10K but he made an effort to deliberately sit as far away from you as possible.

"10K, what is the matter with you today?"

"Nothing," He muttered, looking anywhere but at you. You raised an eyebrow.

"You know I know when you're lying right?" You lifted yourself up and sat down beside 10K, your legs touching.

"Tell me what's wrong, please?"

"I said nothing. Why don't you go back and talk to your boyfriend." He mumbled.

Boyfriend?

Oh.

You burst out laughing and 10K looked towards you with even more hurt in his eyes. "He's not my boyfriend, 10K." You managed to get out between laughter,

"I don't think the apocalypse is the time for long distance relationships" 10K didn't reply but you could see the pink on his cheeks and the stiffness of his body.

"Anyway. I'm just waiting on the right guy," You smiled gently towards him. You had a feeling 10K might like you but you didn't want to act upon it just in case. You knew about how much interaction he had with women in the past. Being so young when the apocalypse started. He was definitely a man now though, his now muscular arms proving this.

"Puppies and kittens," You snapped yourself out of your daze as Warren alerted everyone to the incoming zombie.

10K lifted his rifle up with ease and fired a shot that was slightly over your head. You had no fear because you knew 10K's aim was always on point. The zombie dropped to the ground and 10K lowered his rifle, leaning back against the truck beside you, your legs still touching.

"Well I hope you find the right guy." He muttered.

"Yeah, I think I have." You said, smiling sincerely at him. 10K looked back at you confused. You simply leaned over and took his hand in your own, threading your fingers together, facing back towards the road, the wind from the moving vehicle whipping through your hair. 10K squeezed your hand slightly in return, his features going from confused to happy, leaning back on the truck beside you.

"You know, you're cute when you're jealous" You smirked.

"I was not jealous."