Shot ~ 10K/Reader

"Lay him down over there," Warren commanded as Doc and Vasquez struggled through the doorway, both holding one of 10K's arms, propping him up.

You pushed the materials that were on the table off them, swiftly. Not caring that they went crashing to the floor. 10K was plopped down gracelessly and he made a slight 'oof' sound in discomfort.

"He's loosing a lot of blood, he needs stitches" Doc assessed the wound, before pressing a cloth compress back down on it.

"(Y/N) was training to be a nurse before, she can do it?" Addy said before even asking you. You'd been a trainee nurse and you were terrified everything you had learnt had been forgotten and replaced with gun techniques and how to properly disarm an opponent using random tools.

"Uh, um-" You stuttered, you were already panicked by the amount of blood that covered 10K's trousers in a shiny coating. Even in black you could see the wetness. 10K looked nervously over at you with lidded eyes, his breathing heavy and his mouth lay open slightly in pain.

"Yeah, I can do it" You whispered, turning towards Doc. "Do you have any rubbing alcohol? Or anything I can use to stitch him?"

Doc turned to look in his bag, rummaging around before handing you a bottle with a clear liquid inside, followed by what looked like a sewing kit. It would have to do.

You walked towards 10K and stood beside him, trying to assess the wound through the hole in his trousers. 10K looked even more uncomfortable when you moved beside him, you held some thread in your hands, fiddling with it with your fingers.

"Uhm, I might have to cut your trousers open, 10K. Is that okay?" You smiled apologetically. It wasn't really as if he had much of a choice anyway.

"Shall we give him some privacy," Addy suggested and you weren't sure if you were grateful or terrified by this. Grateful no one would see how terrible you were at stitching people up, or terrified to be left alone with 10K. He had barely said more than two words to you and here you were standing beside him, offering to cut off his clothes and stitching up his leg.

Warren ushered everyone outside the room and closed the door behind her. You turned back to look at 10K and he looked like a deer in headlights. You busied yourself with the needle and thread, trying to push the thread through the eye.

"10K, I'm gonna rip your trousers now, is that okay?" You looked up and made eye contact with him, he nodded slightly. The drugs Doc had given him had probably made him drowsy and it was just as well, it would probably hurt.

You used your pocket knife to rip his trousers open and expose the wound, it seemed to have gone straight through. You used the alcohol to clean it before you started and noting no real objections from 10K, you began to sew.

You tried hard to concentrate on the task at hand but you couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. Your hand accidentally brushed near his crotch and your cheeks went a bright red, you looked up and you were glad 10K hadn't seemed to notice.

"(Y/N)," 10K whispered so quietly you weren't sure he had even spoken. You looked up to meet his blue eyes which were staring at you intently.

"Yeah, 10K?" You whispered back, not quite sure why you were whispering.

"Thanks," He murmured.

"I think this is the most you've ever spoken to me." You smiled, trying to keep him talking so he wouldn't think about your actions.

"Sorry," His voice still low and husky, "I just- I just didn't want to say the wrong thing."

"Wrong thing?" You replied confused. You just finished stitching the wound and moved back to cut the rest of the thread, before locating a bandage to protect it further.

"I've never told a girl I like her and I didn't want to make a fool out of myself." You weren't sure if it was the drugs Doc had given him, or he was serious so you decided to give him a small smile.

"It's okay, 10K. Did you want to try and sit up?" You murmured, worried he would fall asleep which may not be a good idea after all the blood loss.

10K nodded and you leaned over to help him into an upright position. As you moved backwards 10K's head moved towards your own, pushing his lips against your own, almost pushing you backwards.

You pulled back out of surprise, you had admired the boy from afar for months, convinced yourself he didn't like you because he could barely talk to you and here he was kissing you. You felt your insides pang at the hurt look that crossed his face.

10K opened his mouth to apologise but you leaned back forward and placed his lips in a simple kiss.

Neither of you heard the door open as the gang looked in to check on your progress.

"Hey, Kid. I didn't think you'd be kissing the nurse." Doc teased, "Where can I subscribe to the same service."

You blushed a bright red, while 10K gave you a sheepish smile.