Someday ~ 10K/Reader

Your body jerked slightly when the truck ran over a bump in the road but you retained your position leaning over the hood slightly, rifle posed against your body and your eyes squinting in to the viewfinder.

You felt someone out of the corner of your eye watching you and you turned to your left, still leaning over the roof of the car.

"10K, why are you staring at me?" You mused, your fingers absent mindedly running along the gun.

"I'm not," He murmured with a small smile and pretended to be checking his own rifle for ammo.

"Hmm, sure." You smiled back and went back to looking for targets. There was a Z in the distance coming up along the road in front of you and you leaned down with determination, getting ready to aim. Your eyes squinted slightly you focused your shot with precision. Before you were even able to pull your finger back to pull the trigger the Z had fallen to the ground silently, with what seemed like a shot to its head. You pulled away from your gun abruptly and glared at 10K.

"Oi! I had it-" You almost stopped halfway as you saw how 10K was leaning over the roof of the truck, his tongue jutted out between his lips as he aimed for another Z in the distance. You pouted and turned back to the road, this time not looking through the view finder of your gun, just enjoying the breeze from the moving vehicle.

Once more you noticed 10K staring at you out of the corner of your eye and you whipped round quickly to catch him. When you looked at his face he had a small smile across it and you felt slightly self-conscious.

"10K, why are you smiling at me like that?" You asked perplexed.

"Because I want to marry you someday" He replied as if the answer was so simple. This made an explosion of butterflies erupt inside you as you were then sent into a daydream of wearing a simple white dress and waking down the aisle with the love of your life.

"I don't think white would be the best colour choice during the apocalypse" You sighed.

"I know, but someday. We'll do it properly" 10K leaned over and placed his lips on your own in a soft kiss. You closed your eyes and moved your hand to hold his cheek gently. When he pulled away his cheeks were tinged a light pink.

"If you wanna marry me you'd better stop blushing every time you kiss me" you teased. Going back to your spot on the roof of the truck, this time your left hip was touching his right one. This simple contact made you feel close to him even though you weren't holding each other.

Someday.