Shooting Range ~ 10K/Reader

You grinned as 10K hit his mark every time. You noted the way he relaxed his shoulders slightly after every shot, the way he shifted slightly and the cute squint he made when he was aiming. It made you want to reach out and-

Another gunshot fired through the air, his rival Brittney hitting her mark perfectly. You scoffed internally as you watched her turn back towards 10K and smile triumphantly. You were irritated by her presence.

Why did she have to be pretty and good at shooting. You could barely hit a immobile zombie from a few feet away, much preferring manual weapons like knives or swords. The sooner you guys were out of this place, the better.

"We need to get out of here," Doc whispered in your ear from behind you, your eyes still focused on 10K's.

"We can't, not yet." You nodded your head towards 10K.

"He's still in it? That's our boy." Doc grinned and you blushed slightly, our boy.

"Zombies! Zombies inside the perimeter." You heard from behind you as you looked down to see Brittney's father telling her to stay put as he went to take care of the Z's. Your heart beat sped up as you shuffled your feet slightly, you needed a vehicle.

"This is for all the cookies, FIRE" Sketchy yelled through his makeshift speaker, you turned to look back towards the two snipers, crossing your fingers.

"Ladies first." 10K smiled at his opponent and you felt a twinge of jealously. Why was he acting so cool and coy with her?

"I'm no lady." She replied and it almost made you more annoyed, did that constitute as flirting? You had no idea, but you disliked her all the same.

10K leaned forward slightly once more and without an ounce of hesitation aimed for his target, bull's-eye.

Sleazy shouted something about a tie when Brittney managed to get her bullet through the same hole in the Z that 10K had created, but the crowd began to boo to which Sketchy replied it would be going into sudden death.

Doc hit you on the shoulder as you noted the hoard coming towards you. 10K and Brittney promptly began to shoot towards the Z's, hitting each perfectly each time.

"The driver, the driver" Sketchy shouted towards the Ice-Cream van where a group of zombies were attacking, "Give him mercy."

A bullet instantly flew through the air from 10K's gun as Brittney looked on in confusion, 10K hit him perfectly between the eyes.

"Nice shootin', Looks like we have ourselves a winner." Sketchy called out through the traffic cone.

"Wow, 10K! Well done!" You surged towards the young male, reaching up to wrap him in a tight hug, "You did it, I knew you could!" 10K didn't hug back and you felt his eyes on Brittany behind him. You leaned back and tried to make eye contact with him, grabbing his tensed arm slightly.

"Nice job kid," Doc slapped him on the shoulder, "Now let's get our prize and get the hell out of here."

"To the victor goes the spoils." 10K was handed the Barrett M82 and you grinned at the loving look he was giving the gun, as if he was a child that was told he could have any candy in the store he wanted. 10K glanced through the viewfinder, bracing the weight of the gun as he positioned it into an aiming position. You noted how his muscles moved slightly under the weight of the gun and you felt your cheeks heat up as you watched him.

Cassandra hit him on the shoulder to hurry up as you began running after Doc. You noted that he hadn't followed you but instead followed Brittany's route. You silently hoped you'd be getting out soon before the green eyed monster inside you erupted. It wasn't as if 10K was even yours but there was still a part of you that felt some sort of entitlement towards 10K. You were sure the fleeting glances and midnight conversations meant something. They had to.

You sat in the back of the truck, waiting for 10K. Where the heck was he?

Doc opened the front door and stood up from inside towards a figure and you knew it had to be 10K, Thank God.

10K ran towards you but a Z came out of nowhere and clung him in a bear hug, it was too close for him to get a good shot and he was struggling desperately which meant Warren couldn't aim either. You stood and made to jump out of the truck, unholstering your knife when you heard gunfire from behind you and watched as the Z, now with a large hole in it's head, fell to the ground.

You didn't even need to turn to know who had fired that shot and you sat back down in a huff. Doc had to run over and grab 10K out of his stupor and dragged him into the truck.

"Did ya get some, kid?" Doc laughed, slapping 10K on the shoulder as he climbed into the truck.

A roar of sound came from behind you as you noted the Zunami that was coming towards you, you gripped 10K's arm, trying to pull him with you towards the vehicle.

"Were you jealous?" You noted the sly look on Cassandra's face as she leaned over to whisper in your ear.

"No," you scoffed, directing your gaze out the window and crossing your arms. 

You felt someone's gaze on you as you looked up to see 10K's eye's on you through the rear view mirror, even with all the Z blood on his face he still looked perfect, you smiled slightly towards him as his eye's drifted shut.