Apocalypse 10kxReader

"You know what's funny?" You asked quietly from your spot on the roof of the truck. It was dark, apart from the glow of the moon. A shrill breeze blew in the air as you crossed your legs and wrapped your hoodie tighter around yourself.

"What?" 10K murmured, continuing to stare in to the distance, his rifle at his side. He was sitting beside you on the roof but his legs dangled over the side.

"I actually appreciate the apocalypse." You replied, 10K looked over at you dubiously.

"I mean, before the outbreak my mother was in so much pain. She didn't want to leave me alone so she suffered, at least it ended her suffering." You lifted your arm up to rub your nose with the sleeve of your hoodie.

"Plus, if it wasn't for the apocalypse I would have never met you." You blushed at looked at 10K whose cheeks were also tinged pink.

"You would have found someone." 10K whispered, "You're going to survive this."

"Yeah, but they wouldn't be you." You turned to him once more. He gave you a smile back and took your hand in his own. You both continued watch duty, staring off in to the distance together.

"I can't believe it took an apocalypse to find each other. Usually people would use Tinder." You laughed.

"Uh, what's that?" 10K looked at you confused, which in turn gave you butterflies. His face was so adorable.

"Nothing either of us need to worry about now." You leaned over to give him a kiss on the cheek before keeping your hands entwined and leaning your head on his shoulder.

You lived your whole life in fear of being alone, but you were no longer scared. Not now that you had 10K.