Cold Pt 2 ~ 10K/Reader

"She's just another weak link, another mouth to feed. It's only going to slow us down more" Murphy hissed to Warren. You noted that he made no attempt to keep his voice down or leave his feelings unheard and you respected that. He was right after all. You were useless and you probably would slow them down.

You played with the zip on 10K's jacket which you were still wearing, but now you had pulled your arms through the sleeves. The whole group were probably wondering how you had managed to survive 3 years of the apocalypse and you were still in one piece, physically at least.

You noted 10K got up from his position beside you and walked in to the kitchen where the group were having the discussion and you kept your head down. It was pretty embarrassing that you hadn't even managed to stay one night with them, but at least they found you a warm place to stay for the night, maybe you could survive on your own.

You stood up and made your way into the kitchen, the room going silent as you stepped inside. This made the uneasy feeling inside you even worse as you stared at their faces.

"It's okay," You whispered, "You don't have to take me with you. I'll just stay here."

"You're not leaving, that's not what we do" 10K looked at Warren who shifted uncomfortably.

"10K's right." Addy came up to you and put a hand on your shoulder, squeezing softly. You smiled slightly up at her.

"Okay. We'll stay here for the night. Rest up and we'll keep going in the morning." Warren sent a slight smile your way before walking out of the room. Vasquez followed out quickly behind her, no doubt telling her what a mistake she was making. Doc was still seated at the kitchen table and began shuffling a deck of cards, Murphy rattled through the cupboards, assessing what was in various bottles before settling on two and joining Doc at the table with said bottles.

"I'm going to find a bed, I'll see you in the morning." Addy gave your shoulder a squeeze before leaving the room.

You went back to the couch you were sitting on and sat down, pulling your legs up towards your chest, resting your chin on your knees. A few moments later 10K came and sat beside you quietly, you sat in silence for a few moments before you decided to ask.

"Ten Thousand, when you found me and everyone wanted to leave me there. Why didn't you let them?" You waited for a response and heard 10K release a breath before he replied.

"No one deserves to be left behind, definitely not more than once." He smiled slightly, "You can call me 10K."

10K proceeded to tell you everything about how he got his name to the reason they were travelling with Murphy. You smiled, you were so tired. You could feel yourself drifting off to sleep. You were so happy you had found these people.

You had found hope.

_________________

You had been travelling with the group for a few weeks now, although it felt much longer during the apocalypse. They really did feel like your family. You'd almost forgotten the people you were travelling with before.

You had become so much closer to 10K too. You weren't sure how, it just seemed natural. When you'd take watch together you'd talk all night about anything. He had even been teaching you to fire a weapon. Something that your old group never showed you. They saw you as a weak link too, 10K didn't. You were best at using weapons you could hit Z's with.

The weather was still pretty cold and Warren was driving along the motorway, Addy awake in the passenger seat to help keep her awake. You sat in the back with 10K your head resting on his shoulder silently asleep.