Promise - 10K/Reader

"Doc. Tell me he's on that boat." You whispered, your eyes squinting as if you could see who was on the boat from your position.

"I can't tell- I can't see him." Doc stuttered out, moving his position with the binoculars which were in his grasp.

As you were looking towards the speedboat, there was a loud explosion and a large burst of flames which signaled the Submarine sinking. Your heart swooped. There was no way 10K was still on the submarine, 10K was a survivor. It was impossible that you had outlived him, he was destined to outlive you.

You reached up to grab the binoculars from Doc's hands and shakily held them up to your eyes, your body moving to try and find the position of the speedboat once more. You saw it nearing land, but there was no sign of 10K.

"No." You whispered.

Addy placed a comforting hand on your shoulder and you looked up in to her eyes. She looked just as devastated as you felt.

"Addy, he promised." You sniffled, as if promises meant anything in this world.

________________

You followed behind the men bringing 10K to their vehicles, the blood still pouring out from the evident gunshot wound in his side. Once they placed him on the transport you attached yourself to his side once more, taking his outstretched hand in your own.

"10K, it's gonna be okay. They're gonna help you." You smiled through the tears.

"We have to get going, there isn't much time." The Captain addressed his men, before getting in to the vehicle.

"I'm coming with him," You stated to the soldiers. "I need to make sure he stays conscious."

"Sorry, ma'am. There isn't enough room. We'll take good care of him, don't worry." You frowned at this. There was no way you would leave him.

"(Y/N), stay with everyone. I'll be oka-" 10K ended with a cough and this made you even more nervous.

"I can't. I don't know what to do without you." You whimpered poetically. You didn't sound like yourself, you sounded needy and clingy.

"You'll know exactly what to do. Plus someone has to keep an eye on the only known cure." 10K smiled, referencing Murphy.

Doc came behind you and held on to your shoulder gently trying to pull you backwards. You sniffled and leaned down to place a soft kiss on 10K's lips.

"Stay alive, (Y/N)." 10K smiled at you.

"I should be the one saying that to you." You muttered as the vehicles started up and as they moved away 10K's hand fell from your own. Doc kept his hand on your shoulder, as if he were afraid you may make a run for it after the vehicles.

_________________

"(Y/N). Don't give up, you promised the kid you'd stay alive." Doc said solemnly.

"What's the point? The world's gone to shit." You spat bitterly from your position on your knees. Your chest tightened as you stopped fighting the tears from falling down your cheeks. 10K always had your back, had saved you countless times and you weren't there when he needed you.

"Fuck the apocalypse."