Calling [2]

Hi 😊

※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※

Your Pov

Beep.

Beep.

Beeeep...

Nurse! Nurse!

I watched the movie while clutching the remote control and made the volume a little bit higher. Of course, I then saw the nurse and the doctor running at full speed inside the room and helped the patient. I stared in awestruck as I heard my brother calling C/N's name then muttered a bad word.

I looked at him and glared. He smiled sheepishly at me and sat down on my bed.

I signed a few sign languages to him and nodded. He went to get some food on the little or mini fridge as I continue to watch my movie. As I was watching it, I coughed a little bit of times as I tried to regain my breathing.

Okay ley me explain.

1. I have a Vocal Cord Paralysis.

What is it?

Vocal fold (or cord) paralysis results from abnormal nerve input to the voice box muscles (laryngeal muscles). Paralysis is the total interruption of nerve impulse, resulting in no movement; paresis is the partial interruption of nerve impulse, resulting in weak or abnormal motion of laryngeal muscles. Paresis/paralysis can happen at any age, from birth to advanced age, in males and females, from a variety of causes.

Vocal fold movements are a result of the coordinated contraction of various muscles that are controlled by the brain through a specific set of nerves.

The cause of vocal fold paralysis or paresis can indicate whether the disorder will resolve over time or whether it may be permanent. When a reversible cause is present, surgical treatment is not usually recommended, given the likelihood of spontaneous resolution of the problem.

2. How did I get it?

Car Accident.

Not just an ordinary accident. It was very painful, to be blunt. If you want further details, my larynx was probably busted as my neck hits the steering wheel while I crashed into one of the cars on my front. Some people just doesn't follow the rules, you know? Going to a red light and such.

I was the victim there. Literally.

3. What did it cost? What are the cause of Vocal Cord Paralysis?

● Changes to the voice - it may become more "breathy," like a loud whisper

● Hoarseness, huskiness

● Noisy breathing

● Changes to vocal pitch

● Coughs that do not clear the throat properly

● When swallowing solids or liquids, the patient might choke (including saliva sometimes)

● While speaking, the sufferer may have to catch their breath more often than usual

● Voice volume may be affected - the patient may not be able to raise their voice

● Pharyngeal reflex (gag reflex) may be lost

There. I told you. I've became mute. That's why I haven't been answering his calls.

4. Why not text? I mean, you're allowed, right?

Yeah. A cast on my arm and some broken bones really helps me. Try to text your crush like

"Hey, I'm at the hospital. I got a cast on my arm and some broken bones. If you need me, I'm at room 617. Come if you want to visit or talk."

Yeah right. That would help.

Not the sarcasm though. It's just really hard to take in if you see your "bestfriend" in the hospital, mute and really in a bad condition.

That's what he calls me.

Bestfriend.

Every. Goddamn. Time.

5. Why not let your brother talk to him?

I don't know. I just don't want to hear C/N suffer. If you love them, you don't want to hear them crying over the phone and coming right through your door and-

*BOOM*

"Y/N? Are you okay? What happened to you?" He asked me as he quickly sat on a chair beside me while caressing my cheeks.

I spoke too soon, didn't I?

"......" I looked at him and quickly pointed one of my hand on the little  whiteboard and little marker across me as he nodded. He stood up and grab it as he sat back down beside me.

I wrote and he stares at it.

"Why did you come here?"

He stares at me and kissed my cheek.

"I heard a beep and someone calling a nurse and I-I thought..."

I smiled and pointed at the movie. He looks at me as if I was joking. I shook my head no and continued to watch the movie.

"You do know that I love you, right?" He said as he holds my hand and I smiled.

I know

※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»※»»※※»

No one died. Okay? Unless you wanted me to.

Lols 😁

Anyways, this was bad. But of course, you guys can't blame me. This is fiction and not non-fiction 😂

I might edit this again. It's so cringe 😨