Nothing But A Memory

How hard it was to think that you had done everything for him to remember you. Every words and every memories, you uttered.

And yet he remembers someone beyond the past. Someone that wasn't you.

- SilverGrace643

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"C/N, do you remember me?"

Those were the five words you repeatedly uttered for the last couple of weeks. Your lover had been stuck into a mild amnesia after that car accident that occurred way back in March. 

And apparently, you had grown way too experienced into saying those exact words over and over again. It was the only question that you could ask him at the moment.

You couldn't just force the guy, anyway. Asking too many questions all at once might trigger something painful to him. Especially if the memories comes flashing right before his very eyes quickly than one at a time.

It wasn't really suppose to be this way, you thought. If only the guy had avoided to run through red lights, then this wouldn't have happened. 

Still, you couldn't blame him. It was his decision, not yours. 

And still, you were the one at fault here.

If you hadn't argued with him that night, then he should've been with you - no scratches, no amnesia, nothing. A perfect state he would be in.

But no.

You chose to argue with him anyway. And there he went, taking the keys of the car and drove through red lights until another car collided with his.

Staring into his (e/c) orbs, you already knew what was bound to happen. And it did. His eyes just stared back at you, his lips forming into a very thin line, eyebrows furrowed - as if he was thinking about something.

His fingers twitched, clutching the pillow that was beside him. He wasn't sure. He didn't know how to respond. He knew that you're probably one of his friends and saying something inappropriate might just break the bond between you.

Suddenly, he just shook his head and tilted it a bit - as if he was still wondering who you were. "Sorry, I forgot. Um, what was your name again, miss?"

"Y/N," you told him as you sucked in a bit of an air before continuing. "Y/N L/N."

His mouth then formed an "O" shape before nodding. His eyes seemed to wander off in a moment before he decided to tell what was on his mind at the moment.

"You're one of my friends, aren't you? I thought your name was E/X/N. The doctor told me that she was my girlfriend."

And those words finally struck you.

He doesn't remember you.

And he certainly doesn't remember your relationship.

All that he could remember was his old relationship with E/X/N. Still, you couldn't really face the truth.

That girl was definitely better than you.