Circus [F Reader x M Crush ]

Note: Hello, I'm back to edit. I might also add some one-shots as soon as I start rewriting some of these. Hope you all have a nice day. I'll keep in touch with more one-shots.   

==

You were afraid of clowns and Y/B know it. It wasn't too long that you had opened up to them but they kept on teasing you about how you were still a scaredy-cat after all these years. Yet, you couldn't help it.

This was you. You know you can't just wait for the fear to go away. It wouldn't just take over a day to make it disappear.

There was one time where Y/B and you were talking about your day but they suddenly asked you about your fear. You gave them a raised eyebrow – still shocked as to why it was opened up once again.

"Why are you so scared of clowns?" It might seem simple but you were always hearing this for a long time and the only thing you could do was to explain but this time, you had enough.

You returned back the question to them.

"Why do you always ask me that?" This time, expecting that they would just tease you about it, they told you that your crush's best friend and your crush had decided to ask about your fear and if you were still willing to come with them to the circus newly opened.

You sighed. Of course, you wanted to go with them. But certainly not a circus. Your best friend seems to notice your reaction and tried to reassure you that they would be there with you but you shook your head in uncertainty.

"I don't know." That was your only answer at the time. You didn't know if you were really going to do this. The way you only looked at your hands as they silently trembled in sync with your heart pounding fast had only meant one thing at this point.

You wanted to go to see your crush and have a good time with them.

But you can't. You know how you'll get easily scared right in front of them. Plus, you can't help but get nervous. What if you'll just make a mess out there?

You frowned at the thought of it. A pat on your shoulder made you look back up. Your best friend was there, smiling at you.

"Look, you don't have to worry about anything. I got you."

If only that was easy. You shivered at the thought of clowns though you wanted to be with them.

About to reject the idea, your best friend then told you that they wouldn't force you to look at clowns or let it scare you during the time – only if it means that you would enjoy spending time with your crush.

This time, you knew how persistent your friend was so all you had done was stutter and agree to it.

"F-Fine, but make sure that you're not going to tease me with it." They only nodded at this. Though, they gave you a chance to say no the second time – to make sure that you're not really being forced into it.

Thinking about it more, you decided to nod and tell them that you'd be fine.

You got this.

"Are you going to be fine?" Looking back to your best friend, you nodded. You're going with them and you'll be fine. This was your way to reassure yourself that you'll have a nice time and forget the worries for a while.

==

You were regretting your decision already.

C/N noticed that you were looking at the circus with a hesitant gaze.

Right in front of you was a clown waving happily with balloons in their hands and even greeting guests in a welcoming manner.

There you were, with your friends enjoying the night where you know for sure you'd get scared at this place. Even the decorations weren't really helping you. Might as well run the other way, huh?

Though, you didn't seem to notice how welcoming it really was for others since all that overwhelmed you was the fear. There was no way around it.

Grabbing the next thing nearby, you hugged C/N for protection. C/N didn't seem to mind the sudden reaction from you. In fact, he seems to be glad that he was the first person in your mind you'd approach.

You may never know it but he had gotten more protective of you and that he actually felt the same way about you. You just never realized it.

As he puts his arms around you, he gave you a warm smile. "I'm here. No need to worry much. You can hold my hand if you're scared."

Of course, you didn't hesitate.

As soon as you all went inside, you made sure to sit beside C/N. Y/B sat with C/B/N and you still wonder if both of them had an interest in each other.

As soon as you heard that the show is about to start, you took a deep breath to calm yourself. C/B/N doesn't know what about it but they seem to notice it when clowns started to perform.

"Hey Y/N, are you scared of clowns?" They couldn't help but raise an eyebrow while asking. You, trying to be fearless, still denied it — waving your hands in front and laughing.

"Huh? Me being scared? No way!" You tried to lighten up the tone so they wouldn't know you were nervous but they seem to have noticed how your laugh wasn't that genuine.

They only chuckled at your attempt and even called you out for it.

"Don't lie, Y/N. You can tell it by how you look like you want to go back out even though you just got here," they pointed out before you stuck out your tongue.

Well, you did your best.

You were about to say something until a clown started the show. Its eyes had haunted you and you can tell that it felt like you were always its target.

Your friends had tried to help you but the only way you did was when C/N put his arm around you and pulled you closer to him.

Your eyes went wide and your cheeks reddened when he whispered right next to your ear.

"You don't have to be afraid, my love. I got you."