George O'Malley

You held your son's hand as you struggled to find your wallet in your large purse hanging on your shoulder

You held your son's hand as you struggled to find your wallet in your large purse hanging on your shoulder. You coughed into your elbow and winced. Your chest hurt again and your head was starting to spin. You kept searching but in a fit of frustration you dropped your son's hand and took your purse off and angerly pulled out your wallet. You pulled out your credit card and handed it to the front desk lady who gave you a strained smile. You gave one back then coughed again.

The lady handed you your card and told you your wait number. Tiredly you sat down and placed your head in your hands. You felt terrible, again and you hated taking your son to the hospital all the time. Your eyes widened. Your son.

You quickly stood and looked around but you couldn't see him anywhere. In a rush, you pushed passed people, searching for your little two-year-old boy. Worry filled you as you became lost, as you sure he was.

"Elliott! Please come back to mommy, I won't be mad," you half shouted, half coughed, "Elliott!"

People gave you sorry looks but you ignored them. Your heart dropped as you watched a little boy walk beside a man in scrubs. The boy turned his face to look at the man and you cried out. It was Elliott. Your son smiled at something the man said and continued to walk with him. You raced forward as fast as you could but you were tired and your head was getting worse.

"Elliott!" You struggled to call out but you smiled when he turned at his name.

You stood there catching your breath as the man knelt down and pointed to you saying something. Elliott nodded and the man stood then took his hand. The man walked your little boy to you until he let go and Elliott ran to you, hugging your legs. You smiled and placed a hand on his head.

Kneeling down, you gently took his face in your hands. "You scared me. Are you alright?"

Elliott looked a the man who stood a bit behind him then turned back to you, nodding. You smiled and kissed his forehead.

"I'm sorry I let you go. But next time, just stay by mommy."

Elliott nodded again. You gave him a small smile then stood. You turned to the man who found your son, getting a goos look at him. You took in a breath and held it. He was extremely cute and when he saw you looking he smiled. Your heart skipped a beat. Clearing your throat you patted Elliott's head and smiled at the man.

"Thank you for finding him. I'm sorry he bothered you."

The man shook his head then smiled down at your son who looked up at him with his big brown eyes. "He wasn't one bit of a bother. The little guy just got turned around."

You opened your mouth to reply but a cough came out instead. You leaned against the wall a bit until it passed. Elliott reached up as far he could and gave your bum a small pat.

"All better mommy."

You nodded and gave him a small smile. "All better."

The man took a step forward, worry etched onto his face. "Are you alright? Have you been seen to yet?"