We walked out to the car where we put them in the back next to mine.

"Call me when you get there. Don't worry about the time." He hugged her again.

"Okay. I'll see you in two days."

"See you."

They kissed once more before Carter went to get in the car.

I gave Ashton a snobbish look as I got in but he ignored me and turned around and walked back to the bus where Gracie was standing in the doorway.

I closed the car door behind me and then turned to look at Carter.

"Are you excited to go to St. Barts?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She gave me a small smile.

"What's wrong?"

"Harry." She shook her head. "I really don't want to talk about it."

"Are you going to be miserable the whole time we're gone?"

"No." She then sighed and reached over to place her hand on mine. "We're going to have fun."

The plane was only a ten minute ride away and when we got there I led her up the stairs where we sat down in the lounge chairs for takeoff.

Once we were up in the air Carter unbuckled the seat belt and then stood up.

"I'm going to go take a nap." She said.

"Alright."

She smiled and then walked back to the bedroom.

She was acting weird.

I waited thirty minutes in silence before I walked back to see her curled up in the blankets.

I kicked off my shoes before getting in the bed next to her.

She turned over when I did but kept her eyes closed and moved closer to me.

I felt better when I was next to her.

Being with her like this made me feel like I wasn't alone. And for a man who lived his life through petty relationships and one night stands, stability for once felt comforting to me.

I wanted to hold her and never let her go. But so did every other man in the world, especially her fiancé.

She and I slept until the plane touched down and I had to wake her up.

She was a bit groggy as we got off the plane and into a car and fell right back asleep on my shoulder.

Once we arrived at the hotel I had to wake her again, shaking her shoulders.

"Sorry. I haven't really slept the past couple nights." She yawned.

"It's alright. When we get to our room you can go right back to sleep.

"We're sharing a room?" She asked.

"Yeah, is that okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I just didn't know. Are there two beds?"

"Yes." I mumbled.

Finally we got to our room and I saw that everything on my request list was met.

I wanted to make this trip as romantic as possible without freaking her out, that's why I got the two beds, but the vase of red roses on her nightstand, the candles, the mini fridge stocked with her favourite snacks, and the bathroom cleaned so that there was not a spot of dust anywhere was perfect.

"This is nice." She smiled and walked over to the night stand with the roses on it. "How sweet."

"Want to see the best part?" I asked her with a grin and she followed me out to the sliding glass door where it was dark outside.