fourty eight

I stare at the fire in front of me, slowly raising my hands to warm them and pull them away when the heat is too much. Clay sits on the fireplace next to me and places some hot chocolate next to me.

"Sorry for pelting you in the face." I bring the mug into my hands when he laughs and shakes his head.

"That's okay. I pushed you onto the ground more than one time. I deserved it." He shrugs. I smile as I take a sip and sigh. As the fire grew hot against my cold skin, I moved onto the couch and under a blanket.

Clay sits in one of the chairs when Hayden and Riley come down stairs, hand in hand. They smile at us and sit in the living room with us.

"Want to go watch a movie with us?" Riley asks. I look over at Clay who was already looking at me.

"I'm down. Hayden?" Clay asks me. I just shrug my shoulders. I really didn't feel up to it. "Come on! Don't make me third wheel." He says dramatically. I roll my eyes playfully and mutter a fine before going to my room to find an outfit.

I check my phone to see I have two missed calls from Grayson, three text from Grayson, A missed call from my mom, and a text from Emercyn. I check the messages first.

From: Grayson
-Sorry I was asleep babe.
-I'm glad you're home and i hope you get your thinking done
-Julia just came by...

From: Ems
Julia just came by and I wanted to beat her to the pulp. Grayson tried kicking her out but she is threatening big time. They are going in for a meeting with their management this afternoon to talk about what they can do.

I sigh and put my phone done. If one more thing goes wrong I'm really not going to know what to do with myself.

-

I walk along side my sister, Hayden, and clay as we walk through the cold parking lot to the movie theater. I pull my coat closer to me to get as much warmth as possible. New Jersey sure does get cold. Around this time in Oklahoma it could be anywhere from 45 degrees to 85. Weird I know.

"Four tickets for Guardians of the Galaxy." Hayden says to the guy, pulling out his wallet to pay. I look around and just want to hurry up to get inside.

"Thanks man." He says taking back his change and handing us all tickets.

I look to my left and see two familiar faces. When they spot me they come running towards me, bringing me into hugs. I laugh as I get squished between the two but of course, I hug back.

"How are you, Hayden?" I look to see Cami smiling at me.

"I've seen better days. What about you guys? I see you're here with boys." I wiggle my eyebrows at them. They both just laugh.

"We are good. Cami got a boyfriend so I'm just here with them and my friend Jason." Haylee tells me. I nod my head at her and that's when I noticed she changed her purple hair to a light brown ombre.

"YOUR HAIR!" I shout at her. "IT'S NOT PURPLE!" I freak out. She laughs at me and grabs a piece, waving it in my face.

"You like?"

"I love! Oh guys, come meet my family." I pull them with me over to where my sister had gone off to. When she sees me coming up, she turns her attention to me.

"Riley, Hayden, Clay, this is Haylee and Cami. Haylee and Cami, this is Riley my sister, her boyfriend Hayden, and my cousin Clay." I introduce them. "Cami and Haylee are really good friends with Emercyn, who have become mine as well." I explain.

"So nice to meet you guys! I've seen pictures from H's instagram." Riley tells Haylee and Cami before they begin to compliment my sister. I just laugh on the side.!

"Wait so H, is it true?" Haylee asks.

"Is what true?"

"Grayson. I mean he didn't actually cheat on you did he? Because they Grayson I know would never." She looks at me with a questioning look.

"Uhm..." I pause not knowing how to answer. "That girl was-"

"Julia." Cami interrupts.

"You know her?"

"Grayson and Ethan were crazy for her. We heard about her all the time and I met her once or twice." I nod my head and pull my lip into a tight line. So everyone knew about her.

"She uhm, is threatening Grayson. He went behind my back to meet up with her which I told him was a bad idea unless I was there. Which I was right because she kissed him." I bite my lip as they look at me with shocked expressions. Haylee furrows her brows and Cami covers her mouth.

"Grayson's never like that." Cami tells me.

"Unless he's around her." Haylee explains.

Riley calls my name to come on so I hug the girls goodbye and promise to stay in touch. We even make plans to meet up for lunch Sunday. I wave goodbye and hurry along to go watch this movie.

I sit between Clay and Riley. Clay was literally so excited for this movie that he was practically fangirling.

"Chris Pratt is soooooo hot." He whispers in my ear.

"Don't have to tell me twice." I agree with him.

Clay literally got so loud the couple behind us literally kicked his seat and shushed him five times. I punch him here and there to be quite but he never can never not he loud.

I look at my phone slightly and notice I have a missed call from Grayson. Theres about ten minutes left in the movie so I excuse myself to try and call him back.

When I walk out of the room, I dial his number as quickly as possible. I'm so anxious to hear his voice even though he will be here in less then a week. The phone rings three times before he picks up.

"Hayden."

"Gray?"

"Oh my goodness it feels so good to hear your voice." He says, sounding relieved. I smile to myself.

"Are you okay? Emercyn told me you spoke to your managers this morning about the Julia situation." I tell him.

"I would be a lot better if you were here. The meeting lasted two hours because this stuff could get really serious. We are moving apartments before we come back to Jersey and new phone numbers. We are going to work on getting a restraining order on Julia but it might cause her to threaten even bigger." He explains. I run my fingers through my hair as he tells me all of this. It's a lot to take in but atleast something is being done about the situation.

"What even is she threatening?" I ask.

"Baby, I don't think you want to know." He says.

"Tell me, G."

"She's threatening to tell everyone that I cheated on you and got her pregnant. All to get me back for what happened a few years ago." I close my eyes and sit on the bench against a wall.

"Grayson..." I say.

"Hmm."

"No matter what happens, I want you to know I love you. I shouldn't have left. It gave her a better opportunity to try and tear us apart. We need each other right now, especially with what she is planning. I'm so sorry." He sighs and whispers it's okay through the phone.

"I know you love me and I love you so much too. You didn't know this was going to happen so don't beat yourself up over it. Don't say sorry. What matters is I will be with you in two days. Till then, just hang on tight." I nod my head until I remember he can't see me. Just hearing his voice and hearing him say he loves me calms me down so much more.

We say goodbyes and I love you's and as soon as I hang up, Riley, Hayden, and Clay walk out of the movie room. When they see me their happy expressions drop.

"Are you okay?" Hayden asks me. I nod my head.

"I am. Let's go home." I stand up and Clay wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug before linking his arms to mine as we head to the exit.