thirteen

"Hayden." I hear someone whisper. I look up and see a sleepy Grayson smiling down at me. I had totally forgotten that we had fallen asleep.

"Hmm?" I hum, closing my eyes again. I pull myself closer Grayson's warm body, as it was very comforting.

"It's almost eight. Are you hungry?" He asks and I shake my head. I was but I just wanted to stay like this for a little longer. He laugh before laying his head back on my pillow and wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"There's pizza?" He adds.

"Now that I think about it, I am pretty hungry." I say rubbing my stomach before getting out of Grayson's embrace and running down the stairs. Emercyn and Ethan were passed out on the couch with the movie Remember Me on.

"This movie always makes me cry." I whisper to Grayson.

"You're such a girl." I pretend like it offended me and lightly punch him on the arm.

We go into the kitchen and there were three boxes of pizza. One with Pineapple, one with just Cheese, and one called meat lover.

I grab a cheese and pineapple and told Grayson to meet me in the basement. When he came down we both sat on the couch and ate in silence. It was the kind of silence that was needed.

"Do you have to go home after this?" I ask.

"Yeah probably, we have to schedule somethings for when we all go to California next week." He tells me and I nod my head. I was so excited.

After we had finished we threw our stuff away and began to go back to the main floor. Before we made it to the door Grayson stopped me.

"Uhm, Hayden?"

"Yes, Gray?"

"I like you." He whispers. I stared into eyes looking for anything else. Was this as friends or the way I feel about him is the way he feels about me. I bite my lip and smile. "A lot." He adds.

"I like you too." I turn my head away so he couldn't see me blush but he just cupped my face, turning me back towards him.

"Don't hide your face." He smiles.

He pulls me into a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist as mine immediately go around his neck.

"We should probably go wake the kids up." I joke and he nods before letting go. We walk into the living room and Ethan is snoring super loudly. I giggle before poking his cheek. He flinches but nothing major.

"Grayson." I whisper and wave him over. "Wake him up."

Grayson pulls on Ethan's hair making him jump before realizing he was about to knock Emercyn onto the floor. "What the hell." He whispers sternly. Grayson and I laugh before Emercyn sit's up and flips us off.

"Rude." Grayson states.

"Not like you didn't just wake me from heaven but okay." Emercyn replies as she stretches her tired body. She get's up and hugs Ethan good bye. She kisses him on the lips a few time before his cheek.

"Now get out of my house." She jokes pointing to the door. He frowns before pecking her lips one last time and walks to the door.

"Bye Hay." Grayson smirks before giving me one last hug and a kiss on the cheek, walking out the door.

"Goodnight guys!" Emercyn and I shout at the same time. They wave and run home.

Emercyn shuts the door, turns towards me, and crosses her arms.

"What?" I ask.

"He kissed you on the cheek what the hell do you mean what!" Emercyn smiles.

"So? I've kissed him on the cheek? It's a cheek, Em." I stall and she shakes her head.