fourty two

The twins decided to take us to some restaurant right on the beach. I couldn't tell you the name because I was too busy paying attention to the view of the ocean. The sun was beginning to set as we were placed at a table with an amazing view.

"We can watch the sunset!" I say filled with excitement as I sit down next to Grayson. He places his hand on my thigh and gives it a squeeze as he sits beside me.

The sky was a beautiful pinkish purple, fading into its darkness. Sunsets are always beautiful and I use to believe Oklahoma had the best ones. I stand corrected as I sit here watching the sunset over the ocean. It's breath taking and has me at awe.

I feel Grayson holding a stare on me. I turn in his direction and meet his eyes. He smiles and laughs a little, turning away.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. You just look beautiful. And I love watching you when you're excited, even over the littlest things." He tells me. I kiss his cheek before looking at the menu. I chew on my lip as I read through and I almost think about settling on grilled chicken until I come across a blazed salmon.

"Hayden, they have calamari as an appetizer!" Ethan tells me, knowing it's one of my favorite. I smile at him and beg him to order it when the waitress comes back to bring our drinks.

"Cross." Emercyn scrunches up her nose in disapproval. I stick my tongue out at her and look at the menu some more.

Our appetizers and food arrives in no time and I felt like I was in heaven. Calamari and Salmon? Say no more. It all tasted delicious and it was some of the best I'd ever had. Grayson tries to take a bite of my food, but I shove him away. This is mine. All mine.

After dinner, we all decided to take a walk on the beach. As soon as my feet touched the sand, I felt like running around. I stayed calm and walk along side Grayson. I'm like a kid in the candy store when I'm at the beach.. obviously.

Grayson and I depart our ways from Ethan and Emercyn. We sing our hands as we walk. We don't say anything. We stay silent and it was rather peaceful and soothing. The sounds of the waves crashing onto the shore and the sounds of bugs were the only things heard.

As we near the water and the waves come in, we get a feel of the water. I jolt back from how cold it was making Grayson laugh.

"It's freezing!" I whine.

"I know." He says, and we turn to walk along the shore. "I'm so glad you're here." He adds.

"Me too. I know we hadn't been apart long, but I just needed to be with you." I tell him.

"Ditto." He smirks. He turns me towards him and brings his lips to mine. I bring my arms up to wrap around his neck, bringing him closer to me. I cherish every single moment with him. I cherish all the times I'm able to kiss him and feel him whenever I want.

After a while, we leave the beach and wash our feet off in one of the showers at the side. We walk to the car and on the way there, someone calls out Ethan and Grayson's name.

"Julia." Grayson says back. She comes to view. Believe fair skin with the blondest hair. He eyes were the brightest blue I had ever seen. I look at Grayson who still holds his stare on her.

"How are you?" She asks, bringing him into a hug. Ethan glare at her before she hugs him too. What the heck?

"Fine." Grayson says shortly.

"Good! I'm very proud of the two of you." She says, batting her fake lashes at them. I roll my eyes. Who is she?

She looks at Emercyn and I, shooting us a rude glance. I look at Em who stares back as equally rude. I nudge her and she looks at me.