thirty six

A week has past and it is finally New Years Eve. I have waited for this day for quite some time now, wanting to get rid of 2015, which let me remind you was hell. From start to end it was like a disaster waiting to happen everyday, as if I walked a thin line seconds from falling back to the bottom from where I started. Though the end began to get better, there was still some rough patches here and there.

All day Emercyn, Riley, my mom, and I have been baking cookies and setting up the house for the little party that my parents throw every year. They always get together with their close friends from high school and the neighbors as well as their children. The house is going to be packed to say the least.

"How late are those boys going to sleep in?" Riley asks, hanging up gold and black streamer.

"They are jet lagged." I tell her, handing her some tape. "I'm sure they stayed up really late last night, which doesn't help." I add.

Emercyn lets out a laugh and a nod of her head. Emercyn grabs a bluetooth speaker and starts to play some music as we get the house ready. We set up some candles, set out plastic wine glasses for the girls, red solo cups, new years glasses and hats, we set up some tables, and put out some trays of snacks.

By the time we were done it was around three in the afternoon and the boys were still not up. Grayson snuck into my room last night after Emercyn escaped into the guest room. I walk into my room to find a shirtless Gray sprawled out on my bed cuddling a pillow. I straddled his body and planted kisses on his face.

He rolled over on his back where he could face me.

"Well good morning, sunshine." I smiled, leaning down and kissing his forehead. He tried to kiss my lips but I placed my finger over his lips. "Morning breath." I whisper.

He groans and places both of his hands on my hips, pulling me closer.

"Love me." He whines.

"I do." I tell him.

"No you don't or you would kiss me despite my morning breath." He argues making me laugh. I place my head into the crook of his neck, kissing it which makes him tense underneath me.

"That's gross, G." I explain.

"Oh come on, H. What about if one day we wanted to have morning sex, you'd sure as hell kiss me then whether I have morning breath or not." He says, taking me back. I let out a gasp and pull away, staring down at my boyfriend who had a smirk played on his perfect face.

"Where is all of this sex talk coming from?" I laugh in a jokingly matter; it's not the first time this has happened.

"Can you blame me when my beautifully hot girlfriend is straddling my waist and kissing my neck?" He sasses.

"Okay, Okay." I say putting my hands up in defense. "All of this for a morning kiss?" I laugh.

"Mhm." He says puckering his plump lips. I roll my eyes and lean down, placing my own on top of his. He smiles when I pull away making me huff.

"By the way it's three in the afternoon on new years eve. Get up and get showered before the party starts." I add kissing him one last time before getting off of him which leads to him pulling me by my waist and tossing me on the bed, this time him straddling me.

"You know..." He whispers in my ear. "I'm glad I'm starting the new year off with you, baby girl." He adds before getting off of me and going into my bathroom, leaving me quite breathless to say the least. Okay so thats what he felt when I was on him.

-
After doing my makeup and curling my hair after a few hours due to being interrupted by Grayson, I finally walk into my closet to pick out my outfit.