twenty eight

I sit on the back porch as the sun rises, eating breakfast my aunt had made and occasionally sipping on my glass filled with lemon water. One of my favorite things in the world is watching the sun rise and set. The beauty is magical and makes me feel a way I could never explain. It's crazy what the sky could do, let alone nature and the universe.

I grab my phone and notice I had received a text message. I unlock my phone before pressing the message app and then clicking on the message from my mom.

Birthgiver- Good morning my sweet girl. Just wanted to say I love you and hope you are loving New Jersey as much as we are missing you. Also a bit of an update for you. Cole parents were contacted by the school, letting them know about what he had caused on you. Apparently it got around school again when you left, causing a big deal. Not to mention, your father had said something to his dad. All is well now and he wont be bothering you again, we hope. Just wanted to give you the news we received late last night. Send love to Macy, Mark, and Emercyn. Muah.
Me- Good Morning ma. Hope you have an awesome day at work. I do miss you loads but I am so relieved to be here. I'm glad to hear that Cole most likely wont be a problem anymore; that's so much weight off my shoulders. I will be sure to send them your love. I love you❤️

After I sent the text, the back door opens. I turn my head to see Emercyn walking tiredly over to me. She pulls out the chair beside me and sit down as stares at me before rubbing her eyes.

"How are you up so early?" She asks, her voice cracking on every other word.

"I don't know." I tell her. She nods her head before taking a bite of my food.

"Hey." I whine.

"Thanks." She smiles. I roll my eyes and shake my head at her as she eats my breakfast.

"You know there is more in the kitchen right?"

"Did you know that food that isn't yours always seems to taste better?" She mocks. I lightly hit her arm in a jokingly way before we sit in silence.

Emercyn tells me about what she has planned for the day. Since it's a week day, Aunt Macy and Uncle Mark are at work while we are here at home. Most of Em's friends are in school so she just plans on getting a few things done.

"I want to go shopping, I need to get some jeans and I need your help on something." I nod my head at her.

"In a month and a half, it will be the twins birthday. I want to get Ethan something cute but i don't know what to get him. It's hard shopping for a boy." She tells me.

"And you think I'm going to know? We still have a month and a half. We should be fine on figuring something out." I tell her, letting out a small laugh while grabbing my dirty dishes and standing up. Emercyn follows along as we head inside and I put the dishes into the sink.

Emercyn leaves the room right around the time my phone begins to ring. When I see the caller ID on my phone, I bite my lip to keep from smiling too much as I press the green button, indicating that I had answered the call.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Good morning, babe." I hear, his voice raspy from just waking up.

"Good morning."

"What do you have planned today? I want to take you out." Grayson says.

"Plans with Em." I tell him as I head for the stairs.

"Guess I'll have to steal you from her." He say jokingly, but half of me wished he was serious just because I want to be with him right now. I let out a little laugh as I enter my room.