fifteen

It was the next day and we were all going to go to the beach. I wasn't feeling very well, but Emercyn begged for me to come. I put on a plain black bikini and an Oklahoma university sweatshirt over.

"Come on, H. You're being tooooo slow." Emercyn says as her sunglasses hug low on her nose and she was all ready to go. Ethan pulls her by her waist into him and kisses her cheek.

"Give her a minute, babe." Ethan says.

"Not my fault you begged me to come." I tell her and Grayson laughs as he plays on his phone on the bed.

"You too Mister. Get your ass up." Emercyn barks at him. He does as told and we all exit.

Ethan and Em walk hand and hand to the lobby as we wait for our uber. "When are you guy's going to tell the fans?" I ask.

Ethan looks at Emercyn and smiles. "I was kinda wanting to do a YouNow tonight with all of us." He says. "I'll tell them then." He smiles, looking excited.

I smile at the two and look over at Grayson who is looking down at me with a smile on his face.

"What?" I laugh.

"Oh nothing." He mumbles.

"Mhmm tell me." I say before placing my hands over my chest.

"It's nothing."

"Gray."

"I was just thinking how cute it is the way you adore their relationship." He mumbles. I smile and give him a hug looking up at his face.

"You think I'm cute?" I tease.

"No, I think it's cute, they way you adore their relationship." He smirks. I playfully smack his chest, and turn away.

"I'm playing, I think you're more then cute." He says hugging me from behind. "I think you're beautiful." He whispers in my ear giving me goosebumps. shit shit shit fuck.

-
"Hayden get in the water." Grayson demands. I laugh as I sit on my towel looking up at him as he points at the water.

"Grayson, I'm not tan enough, see!" I say showing him my arm. He bends down and moves part of my top, showing me my defined tanline. As his fingers touch my skin, I get tingles. I've never felt this with anyone. Not even Cole.

I bite my lip. "I'd say you're pretty tan." He chuckles. I roll my eyes.

"Not enough."

"Hayden.

"Grayson.

He rolls his eyes before picking me up. My legs go around his waist and my arms go around his neck. I wasn't even gonna try to fight him. He is a lot stronger then me, so there was no use. I squeeze my body closer to him not ready for the cool water to touch me.

I've heard the pacific ocean is colder then the atlantic. "Grayson." I shake as we begins to walk into the water.

"Hey," He chuckles, "I've got you." He says and before I know it, he's prying me off his body and throwing me in the water.

"Really!" I laugh when I come up, only to be tackled back under.

"Grayson." I whine only making him laugh.

"HEY THE GUYS ARE HERE!" I hear Ethan shout and point. I turn and look to see Cameron, Jack, and Aaron walking our way with a few other people.

I look over to Grayson who is standing up in the water going to greet his friends. I swim over to Emercyn quickly.

Em had the biggest smile on her face when she looked at me. "What?"

"You. You and Grayson. DATE ALREADY!" She whines. I laugh before we began to throw sand at eachother like when we would go to Destin, Florida for vacation.

"Hayden, Look!" Emercyn points somewhere and I fell for it. As soon as I turn around sand is being throw at my face.

"EMERCYN!" I scream before tackling her.

"GET HER EM!" I hear Ethan chant and I flip him off.

"HEY DON'T FLIP OFF MY BOYFRIEND." She gaps before splashing water at me.

"But you can flip Grayson off? What is this?" I tell her.

"Ey, girls. I know I'm cute, there no need to fight over me." Grayson jokes along with us.

I reach my hand up to push him away but he caught is, bringing me close to him, and begins to tickle me.

"Noooooooooo." I cry.
-
Emercyn and I were sat at our tables eating chips, tanning, and talking about stuff.

"Three week, H." She says, reminding me when I have to go back home.

"Shh." I whisper.

"I hope you and Grayson talk about yanno, you're guy's feelings a little more. He likes you. You like him. I hope you guys work something out." She says shoving a chip in her mouth.

"Me too." I sigh. "I think-" I was about to say something till my phone began to ring, my sister.

"Hold on." I tell Em, as I get up and walk away.

"Hey, Ri." I answer.

"Hey, H. I was just calling to tell you I miss you, and as soon as you come home, you have to come to OU." She tells me. I frown as I am reminded my sister is now going to collage.

"Of course, yeah." I tell her.

"How's Cali? I'm so jealous yanno."

"Beyond amazing, and I'm here with some amazing people as well. I never want this to end. I don't want to go back home." I sigh sitting on the sand and I began to play with it.

"Why?"

"Because I feel like I don't belong in Oklahoma. It's not me. It's boring if
you're under age. I like to adventure and do new things, and California and New Jersey gave me things to do. Plus, everyone who has made my last year terrible are in Oklahoma. No one would want to go back to a place where there life was a living hell." I tell her.

"Well baby sis, I love you, so always remember that. Fuck everyone else. Maybe you don't belong in OK. But when you're eighteen, I hope you began to enjoy your life how you always wanted it to be. You deserve everything, H." I smile at her words. "You deserve good friends." I look over at Emercyn and then my eyes drift to Ethan, and I think of Payton, Haylee, and Cami. "You deserve someone who loves you." I look over to Grayson who is currently laughing with Cameron and some blonde guy. "You deserve a wonderful life." I look down at the sand and smile.

"I love you Riley. You're the best yanno? and I know sometimes I tell you I hate you, but I don't." I tell her. "I hope OU does you good. I will see you when I get home, Okay?" I tell her. We say out goodbyes and I hang up.

Everything she said brought warmth to my heart and I feel a happy tear come to my eyes. I walk to the towels and Everyone is eating our food.

"Are you okay, Hayden?" I hear someone ask. I look over to Ethan, who asked me.

"Yeah, perfect, actually. I smile before setting my phone down and sitting next to Grayson. We aren't even dating, but I think I love him. I really do. And to make things worse, is I leave in three weeks. I hope we work.