eighteen

What was coming next was so unexpected. Cole grab my hand and pulled me out his way and walked right into our room. I grab my wrist and turned around to see Grayson standing in the middle of the room with eyes as dark as night, hand balled into tight fist that his knuckles were turning white, and his jaw clenched. "You have some real nerve coming here you know that." Grayson growls at Cole. Usually I feel like someone would be intimidated by Grayson, but Cole only looked amused.

"I have some unfinished business. Isn't that right, Hayden." He says turning towards me. I look at Grayson with fear and I could tell he wasn't happy with Cole.

"Get out." Grayson tells him.

"Only it Hayden comes with me."

"Hell no." He shouts.

"Looks like I'm staying for a bit. What's for dinner?" He turns around to look at Ethan with the Chinese bag in his hand. "I like Chinese, it's my favorite, right Hayden?" He smirks at me making Grayson take a step closer.

"You need to make things easier and leave." Ethan says, now getting pissed. He drops the Chinese bag on the floor.

"Like I said, I'm only leaving with Hayden."

"I'm not coming with you Cole. You are an inconsiderate asshole who thinks he deserves everything he wants. But guess what? Not this time. I gave you so many chances and you continued to fuck up. I told you I was done and I fucking meant it. Leave me and my friends the hell alone." I said to him, finally finding my voice to talk.

"Little Hayden, I could care less what you want, sweets." He smiles.

"Well you should because I'm not coming with you. Why don't you go back home and fuck around with my ex best friend." I tell him, getting beyond annoyed.

"If you don't come with me, then I'll make you."

"Don't fucking touch her." Grayson says now coming closer to me, pulling me behind him.

"Get out of my way."

"Is there a problem here?" We head an older voice come up to the door and it was Jake dressed in a hotel suit. I hid my face in Grayson's back to keep from laughing.

"Yeah actually this dude just shows up to our door harassing her." I hear Ethan says. "Could you make him leave please?"

"Sir, you cannot be coming up to random peoples doors and harassing them. I'm going to have to ask you to leave the Hotel." Jake says to Cole.

"But I know her."

"Sir, I said you need to leave."

"I'm staying here." Cole argues.

"Well now you are not. Take your things and leave." Cole looks back at me with angry eyes and walks away, shouldering Jake on the way out.

"Are you guys alright?" Jake asks once Cole is out of sight. He comes in and shuts the door, taking off the suit.

It was silent and I think everyone just nodded. I didn't realize I was still hiding behind Grayson until he turned himself around and grab my face into his hands, making me look him in the eyes.

"Are you alright? Did he touch you." I look away nodding my head. Grayson pulls me into his arms, wrapping his arms around my waist tightly as if he was scared to ever let go. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and burry my head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm okay." I whispered to him.

"Good." We pull away and he kisses my forehead.

"Hungry?" Ethan says. We both nod our head and eat with our friends, getting our minds off of what just happened minutes before.

-
I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing on the night stand beside me. I look at the caller ID and it was my sister. I try to get up but Graysons arms were tightly wrapped around me.

"Babe." I whisper, running my hands through his hair. He didn't budge and light snores fell from his plump lips.

"Gray." I said a bit louder. He raised his head a bit higher and his tired eyes stared into mine.

"I need to make a call." I whisper. He groans before letting me loose. I peck his lips before going to the bathroom and calling my sister back. It takes three rings before she answers.

"Hey, sorry I'm calling you so late." She whispers into the phone.

"No worries. What's up?"

"So, Coles mom called us. She has no idea where he is. He was last seen in New Jersey right?" She asked. I'm guessing Cole still hasn't told his mom what he has done. How is he traveling like this?

"No, he followed us to California. Earlier before dinner he came in trying to take me with him,
but luckily our friend came to the rescue." I giggle to myself. Honestly I'm glad Jake showed up, because I knew something would have gone down. No doubt Grayson would have done, but if the word got out his image could be ruined.

"Alright thanks sis. I'll be seeing you in what? A week?" She laughs.

"Yeah and I can't wait because I miss you, even though at the same time I don't want to leave." I tell her.

"Everything good comes to end sometimes, H. I'll talk to you soon, get some rest. Love you." We say our goodbyes and we hang up. I walk out of the bathroom and put my phone on the charger.

I look at the bed and Grayson was peacefully sleeping with a pillow. I silently giggle to myself before slipping the pillow out of his grasp. He peaks one eye open and smiles when he see's me. He pulls me onto the bed and wraps me in his arms and he lets out a sigh when he's comfortable.

"Let's tell Eth and Em tomorrow." He says.

"Let's." I smile before feeling him kiss my forehead. I wrap my arms around his neck and found myself falling asleep easily. I'm so not ready for this to come to an end.

-------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I have not done an authors note in so long 😩 and I am so so sorry!

I hope you guys are enjoying the book. If you are, I have two other Grayson books published. 'Rebuilt' and 'Seven Days.' Go check those out if you would like please 😘

Can we talk about this exciting news these boys have for us? I was really thinking they were gonna tour with Magcon! Hope they come to where I live :p

(Today's my 16th birthday 😅😱)

xoxo- T.