thirty seven

"Baby, look at them!" Grayson pouts pressing his face against the window of a pet store, staring down at some of the cute fluffy puppies.  I look in the window and lock my hand with his.

"They are very cute." I tell him looking up at his cute face as he watches them.

"Let's go pet them." He begs.

"Gray, you're allergic. I don't think you want to be sneezing for the next 24 hours do you?" I remind him. He sighs and practically face palms himself.

"I forgot." He groans.

"It's okay, we can get you a stuffed one." I rub my thumb up and down his as we walk into Target. I grab a basket and immediately go into the candy aisle.

Grayson grabs all of my favorite for me because unfortunately the ones I like the best are up too high for me to reach. I smile as we push the buggy along. Since the make up aisle is by the candy, I grab a few pair of lashes and some nee concealer.

"You should let me put makeup on you, babe." I tell him as we go towards the food.

"Psh, no." He says.

"Why not? It'd be fun and hilarious."

"Because. Absolutely not." He says shaking a finger at me. I roll my eyes because little does he know, I'm going to get my way.

We grab some cookies, some drinks, fruit, and a cheap cake before making our way to the self check out. While I was bagging the groceries, Grayson would lean over every so often and place random kisses on my cheeks.

I give him a funny look and he responds with a cheeky smile. I shake my head laughing before he does it again.

"G, what is going on?" I laugh as I bag the last item.

"Theres a guy over there checking you out, I have to let him know you're mine." He says, folding his arms over his chest.

"Not by kissing me every five seconds." I joke.

"Oh so you don't like my kisses now, H?" He raises his eyebrows and makes a pouting face.

"No. I love your kisses. I love them better from protective Grayson." I smile at him, standing on my tip toes and placing a kiss on his lips. He kisses me one last time before we head back to the car.

"Illegally driving, so bad." Grayson jokes as we finish putting the bags into the trunk. I roll my eyes.

"Someone had to to get the cake." I remind him.

Both of my parents were too busy to get my birthday cake for tomorrow so they sent me off to get it and Riley and her boyfriend were out shopping. Emercyn and Ethan were passed out when we left, we couldn't dare bother two of the crankiest sleepers on the planet.

When we get to home, Grayson doesn't let me take the groceries inside. I scrunch my eyebrows and give him a look.

"Just stay here, I have something for you." I smile and do as told, standing by the car in the freezing weather.

He comes back with a small wrapped box with a ribbon on top.

"Grayson, my birthday isn't until tomorrow." I remind him.

"I know, I just couldn't wait any longer." He smiles.

I unwrap it and inside was a small ring with the cutest small diamond on it. I cover my mouth as I take in it's pure beauty. It was a rose gold ring and if was absolutely stunning.

"Grayson, please tell me it wasn't expensive." I say.

"It was cheaper than the shoes you bought me. But I also got you another present for tomorrow so don't think I went cheap on you." He explains, taking the ring out of my hand and placing it on my ring finger.