twenty five

Hayden's POV-

"Hayden you need to get up for school." My mom say walking into my room and turning on the light. I roll over and face the wall, not wanting to get up. Thoughts of going to school and having to face everyone scared me.

"Hayden, get up." My mother tells me. I groan and pull the covers over my head. I hear her walk over to my bed and yank the covers off my half naked body. Yes I am that person that prefers to sleep in a sports bra and underwear. The warmth that once took over my body had now been replaced with cold as my skin is now exposed to the open air.

"How late did you stay up last night? Get your ass up Hayden Marie." My mom says.

"I went to bed early." I tell her sitting up.

She looks at me as if I am lying, standing there with one hand on her hip that is popped out. "Don't make me take your phone away at night." She tells me, walking out of my room.

"But I'm not lying. I went to bed early last night because I was upset and Grayson told me to." I say following her into the hall.

"Go put clothes on and get ready for school." She tells me.

"Mom. Please listen to me." I whisper. She stops in her tracks and turns to me. "Please don't make me go."

"Hayden, school just started."

"You don't understand. I walk into school and everyone looks at me like I'm a crazy animal locked up at the zoo for entertainment. People say things about me at school, and sometimes to my face. People make things up about me as if it doesn't hurt my feelings." I tell her, feeling a tear escape my eyes. "And yesterday Cole made it worse. He has someone spread a rumor that I cheated on Grayson with him. So now, Grayson's fans are hating on me along with the entire school, mom. I can't take it any longer." I tell her, completely breaking down.

"Hayden." She says walking over to me and placing her hand on my back, rubbing it. "Why didn't you tell your dad and I sooner?"

"Because I don't know, I was scared. I didn't even tell Grayson about any of this or Emercyn. Momma, I just want to go back to New Jersey." I tell her. She sighs and looks at me, my dark green eyes meeting with her blue green ones.

"I don't know honey, we will see. But until then, you have to go to school." She tells me.

"But not today right?" I ask, biting my lip hoping she wont make me go. I don't any more stress on me.

"Fine. But for now on, when things like this happen, you need to tell your dad and I so we can do something to end this. I hope you know I'm contacting Cole's mom later." She tells me walking down the hall further.

"But then he's going to start more crap with me."

"No he wont. and if he does, It wont matter if your dad let's you go to New Jersey."

"He followed me there last time." I remind her.

"Trust me. Now go back to bed." She responds.

"Too late now, you decided to pull my covers off waking me completely up." I groan. She laughs if this is funny and I glare at her from behind, shaking my head as I enter my room and plop on my bed.

-
I sit in the kitchen with my mom as she cooks my dad favorite meal. Lemon Pepper Tilapia with rice. I set up the table and help make glasses of water as we wait for him to arrive.

As soon as the garage is heard and Fiona practically barks a song, we know he is home. I stand by my mom fiddling with my fingers as my dad enters the house and soon the kitchen.

"Hey." He says placing his keys on the counter, planting a kiss to my forehead and one to my moms lips. "Why are you cooking my favorite dinner?" He asks, washing his hands.

"Because you deserve it dad. You do so much for us." I tell him. He looks at me with an unsure look and then at my mom.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing?"

He shakes his head as he makes himself a plate as the food is finished and then makes my mom one before sitting at the table. Dinner was quite until my dad spoke up.

"How was school, H?"

"Uhm... I didn't go." I tell him looking at my mom, and she nods her head as In a way to tell him why.

"What? Why?" He asks, his tone giving off a sign of disapproval.

"I've been kinda bullied or harassed at school. Whichever you want to call it." I tell him, putting a spoonful of rice into my mouth.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, people at school have been saying really rude things about me at school behind my back and sometimes to my face. They make jokes about me and just say really awful things, and it really upsets me." I tell him, putting my fork down, no longer feeling hungry.

"What kinds of things?"

"Like 'oh she left because Cole got her pregnant so her parents got rid of her for awhile' 'I thought she ran away and I was low key glad' 'She's a whore'" I tell him. My dad looks at me with a sad expression.

"Hayden-"

"And to make things worse, Cole had someone spread a rumor that I cheated on Grayson with Cole. So now not only is this entire school hating me and making things up, but so are Grayson's fans. I can't take the hate dad. I hate it here." I tell him. His green eyes are filled with sadness which makes me upset.

He gets up from his seat and wraps his arms around me. "I hate seeing my little girl upset and most of all, I hate hearing people say mean things about her that aren't true. Hayden, you are a beautiful young lady and we did not raise you to let people walk all over you. People are cruel and people do things to hurt other people because they are hurt or unhappy and it satisfies  them to see happy people hurt. Don't give a reaction and they will soon leave you alone." He tells me.

"Too late dad. They know they have hurt me. I can't show them I'm not hurting because I am completely. Emotionally and mentally. I can't take the hate and the mean stares I get. I can't stand being here anymore." I tell him.

"Then where do you want to be?" He asks me.

"In New Jersey, where people actually care about me and my feelings." I tell him. "I want to be back with Aunt Macy, Uncle Mark, and Emercyn." I tell him.

He looks over at my mom and than back at me.

"We'll see. We'll call your Aunt tonight and maybe you can go back up there. I'd rather have my baby here with me, but if you living up there is what makes you happy, then I'd do it for you." He tells me. I smile before wrapping my arms around my dads neck and giving him the biggest hug.

"I love you guys. Thank you for being such awesome parents." I tell them, standing there with the biggest smile.

I may end up where I'm most happy after all.