twenty three

"WE GOT AN APARTMENT IN LA BABE!" Grayson says as soon as I accept his FaceTime call. He was smiling widely at his phone and his eyes were almost squinted all the way. I laugh at his cuteness before giving him a thumbs up.

"How awesome, Gray. I'm so happy for you guys." I tell him.

"I'm so excited, H. This is my dream. Yanno, living in LA. With my twin of course. We'll have to have you out there with Emercyn A S A P." He says excitedly. I smile and just admire how adorable he is.

"Definitely. I can't wait." I respond.

"I miss you so much." He groans, tugging at his hair.

"I miss you too."

"I can't believe it's been almost two months." He explain, a frown forming on his perfect face. It makes me frown to and want to teleport through the phone just so I can kiss the pout off his face.

"Don't talk about it please." I say covering my ears jokingly. He let's out a laugh and sighs.

"Well, I love you babe. E and I have to go furniture shopping. I'll call you later." He tells me. I nod my head and smile, blowing a kiss to him. I love him so much. As soon as he hangs up I look at the textbook in front of me and sigh.

School started almost two months ago and I already have loads of homework. Tenth grade year is already a blow and I'd wish I didn't go back. All the Juniors and Seniors caught onto all the rumors making more people talk crap on me. I just wish the attention went away.

As I begin on my geometry homework, I am called to the dinner table. "Coming." I shout back as I make my way into the dining room. I sit down in my normal seat next to my dad right as my mom places a plate of stir fry in front of me.

"Thank you." I tell her. She nods her head and places plates in front of everyone else.

"How was school?" My dad asks.

"Yanno. School." I say. I haven't really told them yet how much hate and trouble I've been getting from everybody. I haven't told anyone really. Not even Grayson.

"Oh come on, Hayden. Theres got to be more. Hows Payton?"

"She's her normal self yeah. I only see her at lunch sooo." I answer.

"Are you going to the first football game this friday?" My mom asks as she pushes her dark thick brown hair behind her ear.

"Nah it's not really my thing anymore." I shrug.

"You use to love football games." I shrug again at her reply and hurry my food so I can avoid anymore questions or talk about school.

"Honey, are you alright?" My dad asks as I stand up.

"Perfect."

"Hayden." He says.

"Dad."

"Don't lie to me." He tells me. I turn to look at his blue green eyes before leaning forward and kissing his forehead.

"I'm fine dad." I tell him before going to my room. I'm physically fine. Mentally and emotionally... not so much.

After I finish my homework I take a shower, brush my teeth, and get everything ready for the next day. After everything is down I send Grayson a text.

Me- Hope all the apartment stuff is going great. still so proud of you two. Love you so much, goodnight <3

-

As I make my way into school, I stare at my black and white shoes avoiding eye contact with anyone. Payton stands beside me as we make our way to first period, talking about something that I completely zoned out of.