twelve

I wake up the next day with a terrible headache. The memories of Cole being in town made me tense up. This is not okay. I was warned I couldn't hide from my problems, only run. It seem's they have caught up to me.

I walk down stairs to see Uncle Mark sitting at the couch, drinking coffee. "Hey." I say, yawning.

"Are you alright, Hayden? We heard Coles in town." He says worriedly, beginning to stand up.

"Who told you?"

"Grayson. He's worried about you." He tells me. Grayson being worried about me made my stomach fluttered, but then remembering it's probably just because we are friends made it disappear.

"Oh.. I'm okay." I say walking to the kitchen and making a glass of milk.

"Emercyn and your Aunt are at the dentist. When they come back I think the twin's are actually coming over." He tells me and I nod my head. I began to get nervous as I know Grayson will question me.

After finishing my glass, I run up to my room and take a quick shower. I took a pretty long one, as I was trying to get the tense feeling off my body.

After the shower, my hair fell in it's loose waves. I put on a pair of shorts and a baggy white t shirt. I put on light make up to make it look as if I got tons of sleep last night when that was far from the case.

By the time I was done, Emercyn was coming into my room asking if I was okay. I reassure her, as I am doing better then what I would have if I was in Tulsa.

"This worries me Hayden. What if he tries to do something to you again? Maybe you should stay here a little longer yanno? He know's where you are H. What if he finds you again!" Emercyn began to come worried. Emercyn was one to worry when those she love are emotionally and physically hurt.

"For now Em, I'm fine." I tell her. She bites looks at me worriedly before giving me a hug. "I just don't want anything else to happen to you." She whispers to me. I nod my head and feel a tear slide down my cheek.

"You're making me cry, Em. Go wait for your boyfriend." I tell her.

"He's already here." She tells me.

"Where is he?"

"Down stairs with Gray." she tells me and I nod. I sniffle before thanking her for checking on me.

She goes downstairs and I give myself a minute rebuild my strength. As soon as I walk downstairs my aunt is running to me giving me a hug. "Why the hell didn't you tell us as soon as you got back last night, H?" She asks. "Your mom and dad are worried sick. You need to tell us these things now that he is here." She adds. I look away from her to keep my from crying.

"This is why. I don't want you guys to worry so much. I'm fine for now."

"For now Hayden, for now. If he hurt's you.." My uncle starts. I look over to the twins as they are worried and confused.

"Please can we not talk about this right now." I beg. They nod their heads and walk away. I stand there staring at my feet. I began to feel tears build up. I'm so weak. He did this to me. He made me a weak girl. I look up to see Ethan, Grayson, and Emercyn staring at me.

"I need to go for a walk." I whisper, turning toward the front door and walking out it. I didn't get far before I heard someone yell my name.

I turn to see Grayson. He runs up to me and gives me a hug, my tears full on spilling at this point. "Shhh, it's okay, babe. You're safe, you're okay." He whispers to me. I grip his shirt as I began to shake.

"G-grayson."

"Please, Hayden." He says pulling away looking me in the eyes. "Tell me what happened. I want to help you." He tells me, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. He takes his thumb and wipes my tears.