nine

Today is the day.

An important day.

A huge day!

Today is Emercyn's fifteenth birthday! I could not sleep last night because I was so excited for her. I even made sure I was the first to tell her happy birthday at midnight. I even fought over who was gonna say it first to her with Ethan yesterday.

It was currently ten in the morning, her parents, Payton, and I were in the kitchen making her breakfast and cleaning up a bit. We decided we were going to throw her a surprise party. Ethan would take her for lunch and when she comes back the house will be decorated and a bunch of her friends will be here.

"Hayden, will you call the boys and have them come over? We are gonna wake her by singing happy birthday!" Uncle Mark says. I nod my head with a smirk, only because I knew it irritated Emercyn when people woke her up in an obnoxious way.

Not even ten minutes after I had gotten off the phone with Grayson, they were here. I open the front door, being brought into a group hug with the two. Odd.

"Hey Payton!" They say at the same time, greeting my blonde friend. She waves as she offers them a drink and something to eat.

"Alright, let's head up to her room." Aunt Macy says with a plate full of a stack of chocolate pancakes with fifteen candles light on it.

We all walk into her room to find her sleeping peacefully.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR EMERCYN ROSE HAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" We all sing to her making her groan as she sits up. As soon as she see's Ethan, her eyes go wide and she hides her face and pull her hair up. We all just laugh.

"Hey Em?"

"Mhmm.."

"You look like a monkey.... and YOU SMELL LIKE ONE TOO!" I shout at her.

"HEY!" She pouts. She always hated when people sung that part to her, plus it was always her thing she did to me. But not this year, I so got her.

"That was not very nice." Ethan jokes as her comforts his 'girlfriend.' I roll my eyes as Em sticks her tongue at me.

Grayson gasps, in a joking way. "Sticking your tongue out at people is very mean!" He jokes giving me a hug. "It's okay Hayden, she's a big meany head." We all burst into laughter before Emercyn decides to get out of bed.

"Everyone, out! I need to get dressed!" She demands pointing to the door. And with that, Payton, Grayson, Ethan and I went and chilled in the basement going over the plans for the party.

"While I take Em to lunch, have Cam take you to the airport to get the boys." Ethan says toward Grayson.

"What boys?" Payton asks.

Grayson only smirks. "Our friends Jack Dail, Aaron Carpenter, and Cameron Dallas. They visit often, and Emercyn loves having them around so we thought, why not invite them!" I look over to Payton who's eyes were wide. I began to laugh only because she's a HUGE fangirl of Cameron Dallas. Awe to bad she has a boyfriend.

I was about to say something when my phone began ringing. "Hello?"

"Hay, come upstairs and help me find something cute. I want to look cute and it's stressing me out." Her voice sounded pouty.

"Try and calm down, I'll be right up!"

-

"Thank you so much Hayden. Reasons why your my favorite." Emercyn says looking herself in the mirror. A few days ago when we were at the mall, I had went into a store and found this super cute white romper. When Emercyn saw it her eye lit up. She begged me to get it for myself, but I knew deep down she wanted it. So I got it for her.

"You look amazing in it." I smile.

"You think so? Do you think Ethan will think so?"

"Think so? More like know so." I give her a hug before straightening her hair. She loved her hair straightened. I even helped her with her make up which she just would not stop talking about how it looked with her eyes.

"Alright let's go before Payton steals my boyfriend." Emercyn jokes causing me to laugh. We walk down to the basement to hear some mumbles and when we walked in all eyes turned toward Em. Ethan's traveled a little to much and were wide. He was whipped.

"You look so good Em!" Payton says.

"Wow, Ems. You look beautiful." Ethan stands up and comes closer giving her a better look. She blushes as she tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

"You still look like shit to me." Grayson says causing her to glade at him. She flips him off and mouths a 'fuck you.' to her. It was pretty funny.

"So, ready for lunch?" Ethan asks. She nods before we say our goodbyes leaving me with Grayson and Payton.

"She looked great. Props to you, H." Payton claps and a fake a bow.

"I think I'm gonna go get the guys, bye Payton." Grayson waves to her before giving me a hug. "See you in a bit, text me, okay?" He whispers in my ear and nod before he walks out. When he whispered in my ears I got the chills and tried not to shake from it, showing him the effect he had on me.

Grayson's POV-

When Hayden got up to go help Em, it got super awkward. It wasn't a bad awkward, but it wasn't a good one either.

After about five minutes, Payton began to talk.

"So I have a question.." She says. "Grayson, do you like Hay?" She asks. I knew she was gonna ask that. I began to feel my cheeks heat up and I tried not to smile at the mention of her name or look Payton directly in the eyes.

"It's not that hard. It's a yes or no answer."

"Yes. Okay? Yes I admit I like Hayden." I blurt. I cover my mouth and when I looked up Payton and Ethan both had big smiles on their faces.

"I knew it!" Ethan says.

"But please, fuck, please don't tell Hayden." I say shaking my head.

"What? Why?" Payton asks.

"Because that's my job and I want to keep it from her that I do, for many reasons. Hayden doesn't like me in that way and I know this because of the way she acts and she always says how she loves being 'friends' with me. I'm basically friend zoned and I can't help my feelings for her and every time I'm with her, they grow. Something tell's me she was hurt in the past and I wish I knew what happened and I have a big feelings that's why she's here." I say. Payton looks at me with sad blue eyes. I knew it. Hayden doesn't like me and Payton is feelings sorry for me. I feel like such a dumb ass.

"This isn't my place to say this, but I wouldn't doubt the way she feels to much. And maybe you guys could about it. I'll just say that I know you could treat her better then any guy she's been with. That's for damn sure." Payton tells me. I furrow my brows trying to understand what she means, but I couldn't pay attention any longer when Hayden and Emercyn walked in. I watch as Ethan's eyes grow wide. He's so whipped.

I looked over to Hayden who was watching Emercyn and Ethan's interaction. It was adorable. Hayden looked so happy for her cousin and my brother. Hayden still had on a baggy t shirt and a pair of nikes and her hair in a bun, but she looked so good to me.

I heard everyone complimenting her, and that was que, "You still look like shit to me." Emercyn glares at me and flips me off so I mouth a 'fuck you' before Ethan takes his princess away.

I bid my goodbyes before deciding to head home so Cam and I could pick up my boys. I was excited for this party and I was excited to see Hayden again.