fifty nine

The twins are leaving today and Grayson has yet to say goodbye. I know we aren't in a relationship, but you'd think he would still say goodbye. Emercyn is about to go pick them up and take them to the airport.

All morning Em has been begging me to ride with her. I just don't think I have it in me to sit in that car with Grayson and not shout at him for not saying anything about leaving. It really is none of my business anymore, but for how long we were together, you'd think I deserved a goodbye.

"Hayden, you are coming." Emercyn says, grabbing my wrist and trying to pull me out of my room.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"GIRLS!" My Uncle Mark screams from downstairs. "SHUT UP!" He adds. We both giggle before she glare at me and I at her.

"You'll regret it if you don't." She tells me.

"Em-"

"You can even sit in the front." She says. I roll my eyes at her. "And if Ethan tries to drag you out of the seat, I'll yell at him and slap him for you." She smiles. I couldn't not smile back.

"Fine." I groan and grab my shoes and phone.

Not even five minutes later were we at the twins house. Emercyn went in to get them and they put their things in the back. I'm more than shocked when Ethan didn't fight for the front seat but I assume Em said something to him.

"Hey, H." Ethan says.

"Hi." I whisper.

The car ride was silent. So silent I was scared to cough. It was awkward and I knew I shouldn't have came.

-

When we get to the airport, Emercyn parks the car and gets out with them. I debate whether or not to get out and say goodbye but he was the one who wasn't gonna tell
me he was leaving so I wont.

I sink into my seat and bring my knees to my chest, resting my head on my knees as I wait for Emercyn. I know she is saying her goodbyes and kissing on her boy.

I jump when the passenger door opens. I hold my chest as I look and I'm quite shocked when I see Grayson standing their. His skateboard in on hand, his suitcase in the other, and a carry on on his back.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, letting go of the suitcase and pulling me into his chest. I tense up and I can tell her noticed.

"You know I love you." He says.

"You weren't even going to say goodbye." I point out. He looks down, guilty and ashamed in himself.

"I know and I'm a stupid asshole for that." He says.

"At least you know... but I love you too. Have fun in LA." I give him a weak smile before he takes a few steps back and I shut the door in his face.

A seconds later there is a knock on the window and I want to yell at him. I look up and roll down the window but it's Ethan.

"You weren't even going to say goodbye? How rude." He fake pouts.

"My bad." I joke. "Your brother put me in a mood." I add.

"I know. Hey listen to me though, no matter what happens between the two of you, just know he does love and care for you a lot an I'd beat his ass if he ever did you wrong. He doesn't mean to intentionally hurt you... he handles things how he thinks is the best in the moment... not how it will effect the future." He grabs my hand and we do a little handshake as he tells me this.