fourty

I hold Grayson close to me, burying my face into his chest. I didn't want to say goodbye again. But I had to. We stand outside the airport, just holding each other for what felt like only seconds but really, was minutes.

"I have to go baby." He whispers.

"Please don't." I beg. He lets out a small laugh and it feels like the hundredth time we have had to say goodbye.

He pulls away and cups my face before leaving a kiss on my lips. I pull my lips into a tight light after he pulls away and kisses my cheek.

"You'll be in LA soon. Wont be long." He tells me. I nod my head before we hear a camera flash.

"It really is Grayson! Grayson how long have you been in Tulsa? Where are you going? Ethan! Oh my god! ETHAN!" A few girls shouted around us. I step away and stand next to Emercyn as we watch out boys interact with their best friends.

I couldn't help but admire the love Grayson and Ethan hold for these wonderful people who support them with and through everything. They stick together through it all. They are family and best friends. That's a lot of best friends but I can only imagine the love.

"We've got to to guys, it was nice meeting you all!" Ethan tells the fans before Emercyn and I walk them inside. Grayson grabs my hand and we hug and kiss one last time before he has to walk through security.

"I love you, see you soon." He tells me.

"I love you." I reply as he walks away. He turns around and gives me the biggest smile before Emercyn and I walk out to the parking lot.

We get into the car where Riley is waiting.

"Let's go get you guys lunch before we all say goodbye to mom and dad." Riley says.

-

As we sit around waiting for time to pass, Emercyn and I lay on my bed doing absolutely nothing.

"I can't wait to go to LA next week." Emercyn tells me.

"I know. I'm so ready to see Grayson already." I fiddle with my thumbs and stare at the wall. I didnt want to mess with my phone because I want it to stay charged for the flight and because I have no one to talk to anyways. Grayson is on his flight currently.

I haven't told Emercyn what Grayson and I have done and quite frankly, I'm nervous too. Now i know exactly how she felt when she told me. It's nerve racking. Even though her and Ethan have taken that next step in their relationship, I'm still weary to talk about it with her. I know she wont judge, she'd never.

She lays on her side messy with the hem of my comforter. She randomly groans here and there and I know it's out of boredom. It's something she has done since we were little.

"Ready girls?" Emercyn's mom pops her head through my door. We nod our heads and I grab my bag before we follow her to the car. My mom is in the drivers seat ready to take us to the airport.

"I don't think I've ever been to the airport this many times in one day." My mom jokes as we get in. I smile at her joke but don't laugh. We make eye contact through the review mirror and I smile at her, earning one back. Her bright blue eyes shine into my green ones.

On the way to the airport, our mothers talk as well as our dads. I keep my headphones in, blasting music. Tulsa, it's been good. We pull up to the airport and we all get out. My parents wrap me into the biggest hug.

"Be good for your aunt and uncle." My dad tells me. "And don't forget to always follow your dreams." He adds. I nod my head and give him another hug.

"Thanks dad." He kisses my forehead before I hug my mom.

"Stop growing." She whispers. "I love you."

"Love you too. See you guys in the summer?" They both nod their heads and wave us all goodbye.

As we walk into the airport, I look back and wave one last time. It never gets any better having to say goodbye for such a long amount of time. But they know I'm happy in New Jersey, that's why they continue to let me go. Right as we get up to the security, my phone pings.

Gray- Just landed in LA. Have a safe flight to NJ. Love you baby.

I smile to myself before I began to reply.

Me- Love you too. I will let you know when I land. Think of me. xx

I put my phone into a tray and carry on the usual routine before we go to wait for our plane .

-

When we land, it's night time. Dark skies all around us and the stars shine brighter than I have ever seem them. I smile as I look up at them. I follow my family to their car.

"I still can't believe you guys came back to Oklahoma to see me." I say as I buckle my seatbelt.

"Anything for you, Hayden." Uncle mark tells me.

The ride to the house is silent and peaceful. It snowed here in New Jersey and I couldn't wait to wake up in the morning and see the beauty of nature. I close my eyes and think of ho blessed I am to have the people around me that I do have.

I have lost some but I have also gained some. And the ones I have gained, are irreplaceable. I couldn't be more happier than the state I am in and where I am at this point in my life. The ones I have lost, well that's their lost. I am doing probably better off with out them then when I had them in my life. You have to rid the negative people to keep your life positive.

When we get to the house, it's warm and cozy. I almost just want to curl up on the staircase from already being cozy and tired. I take my things and go up to my room. When I get up there, I drop my things onto the floor before dropping myself onto my bed.

New Jersey, I have missed you.

my phone pings from under me and I mentally want to slap myself. I totally forgot to tell Grayson I had landed. I look at my phone and a notification that he has texted me popped up. I bite my lip as I open it.

Gray- thanks for telling me you made it. have a goodnight, H.

Crap. He's definitely mad.

Me- I'm sorry G. I totally forgot. I love you sleep well....
Gray- You can't forget those things Hayden. Talk to you tomorrow.

I press is contact and began to call him. I grow anxious and then feel anger when he forwards my call. What the heck.. I call again and I'm going to continue until he answers.

When he does and I sigh of relief and I quickly stiffen at tone of his voice.

"What."

"You're made at me Grayson and I don't like it." I tell him.

"I'm not mad. I'm irritated. You were suppose to tell me when you landed and I didn't here from you until I texted you. Almost two hours after you had landed." He explains to my. I press my hand against my forehead and sigh.

"I know and that was terrible of me. I'm sorry and I wont do it again. I just didnt want to go to bed knowing you are upset with." I say. He sighs. He has every right to be upset, but I can't stand the fact it would be at me.

"I know. Go to sleep, Hayden." He says softly.

"Goodnight... I love you." I whisper the last part.

"Love you too baby." He says before hanging up the phone.

I lay in my bed and put my phone on the charger. I roll to my side and slowly close my eyes. I hated that feeling and I'd move the world to never have to feel like that again.