thirty one

Two weeks pass since the twins left New Jersey. I was finally enrolled into school, deciding to do online. It was something Emercyn had wanted to try out so I of course did it with her. So far it's pretty easy.

All Emercyn and I do through out the days is do school for a couple of hours before watching Netflix and going on walks. It's been getting a lot colder here for November is less than a week away. I'm pretty sure our walks might come to an end.

We've hung out with Haylee and Cami a few times which was good because I had terribly missed them. It was only two times though, for they are quite busy with sports and other school things. It's so good to catch up with them though.

Everyday, Grayson sends me a cute little morning text, even though I'd usually be up two hours longer than him since New Jersey time zone is three hours ahead of California. Each one was different. Some days they would have a motivation quote, a cute little picture, him telling me how much he misses me, a text to have a good day, or he send me a picture of us which a cute message. He was something let me tell you.

I'm sitting in the kitchen with my Mac in front of me and sweet tea to the side. Emercyn comes marching down the stairs and plops down beside me.

"You okay?" I ask as she takes my drink.

"No."

"Why?"

"I had the worst dream ever, H." She says, cringing at the thought I'm sure. She did look like a mess than she usually does. Her hair was pointing out in all directions, her face was puffy, and she had dark circles under her eyes which isn't usual for her.

"About what?"

"I will not speak of it." She says, getting up and opening the fridge. "It was way too bad." She adds. I nod my head and keep to myself, my eyes glancing at her to see what she was up to. Every now and then if a random sound is heard, she jumps. Something was definitely bothering her so I took out my phone and texted Ethan.

Me- Morning E. So something is terribly wrong w/ em. I think the only person who can help her is you. She won't tell me.
E-tee-wee-tee- Do you have any idea of what might be wrong?
Me- A bad dream she said. She wont tell me what though. She says it was too bad to speak about. She keeps jumping every time she hears something and she lets out a quiet scream here and there.
E-tee-wee-tee- Alright, I'll probably facetime her in a second and try to figure it out. Thanks for texting me about it, H.
Me- Ofc, E-tee-wee-tee :) you are her boyf after all.
E-tee-wee-tee- Emercyn would tell you that name. 😑
Me- It wasn't Em. It was G. 😂
E-tee-wee-tee- Thank you for telling me. I'll be sure to murder him here in about five minute before he wakes up.
Me- NOOOOOOOO😩

I put my phone aside and continued on with my school. Emercyn was sat at the table on the opposite end of me doing her school as well. It was dead silent when usually I'm having to throw things at Emercyn to get her to shut up or stop laughing so we could focus. We were always getting distracted.

All that could be heard was the sound of our fingers clicking the keys and the mouse or us sipping from our drinks. Emercyn's phone beams and I assume it was Ethan. I look over a bit to see her pick it up. She hesitantly starts to type before she gets up and goes upstairs.

I was tempted to follow before I was receiving a face time call from my mom. I press answer and see her sitting at her desk at work.

"Good morning, doing school I hope?" She asks. I nod my head and show her my computer and how it is on the school page.

"Yanno, I'm still not too happy with you doing online. I feel like you will procrastinate too much and lose your social skills." She says, not looking at the screen as she types away at who knows what on her computer.

"Mom, I know what you are implying. You think I'm lazy. Just say it." I point out. "But I disagree and I will prove it to you." I add.

"Aside from school. Thanksgiving is in three weeks. Your dad, sister, and I were thinking about flying out to New Jersey for Thanksgiving." She explains.

"Sounds good to me." I smile at the thought. It will be so nice having all the people I love together, as well as Grayson since he will be coming back to see his family then. I say my goodbyes to my mom before hanging up.

I close my computer and slowly walk up the stairs to check on Em. When I tip toe closer to her room, I hear sighs, whimpers here and there, and hushed whispers. I couldn't exactly make out what they were saying but I know it had or is really messing with Emercyn.

I knock on the door and they shut up quickly. "Come in." I hear. I slowly walk in and look at her rosy cheeks and messed up hair.

"Emercyn, you're really worrying me."I whisper as I sit at the bottom of her bed. She bows her head and sighs.

"Babe, you should tell her." I hear Ethan say on the other line. She sniffles and rubs her nose before meeting eyes with mine.

"I don't want to upset you." She says.

"Why would it upset me?"

"Because it's about you..." She says, looking away. My brows furrow and I lean my head to the side. I lick my lips as I try to think of anything it could be.

"Tell me. It was just a dream, Em." I tell her, bringing her closer to me and pulling her into a hug.

"In my dream, you were in it. and Gray. and..." She pauses for a moment and I close my eyes. I already know what was coming.

"Cole." I take in a sharp breath, even though I was prepared for her to say it.

"Some how he got to you, he uhm took you. Kidnapped you. He did terrible terrible things to you Hayden and the thought of it makes me sick. I can't believe I dreamed of someone hurting you." She cries. I pull her closer, holding her to me.

"It's okay." I tell her. "Continue.."

"He took you. And he hurt you. He tied you up for weeks out feeding you and he physically hurt you. He even tried to strangle you. But at the moment, Grayson burst through the door. He tackled him, punching him. Grayson wouldn't stop. I remember seeing Ethan walk in too. He untied you and carried you out to the car. He waited and waited for Grayson to come out. Finally, Ethan went back in to help him. But it was too late. Cole stabbed Grayson and when he went back to the car you were pale. He checked for your pulse and you were gone too." She told this story between shaking breaths. I close my eyes as pictures of this flood through my mind. It wont happen. I know it wont but the thought of Grayson getting hurt by trying to save me makes me feel sick.

"Listen to me, Em. It was a dream. It's not real and it's not your fault you dreamt of something like that. What matters in Grayson and I are fine now. It's not going to happen. Ever." I tell her. She wipes her eyes and nods her head. I hug her for the rest of the time as she FaceTimes her favorite person, aside from me.

After she hangs up, we run downstairs to the kitchen and make sundaes. Ice cream upon ice cream topped with all sorts of sweets. Chocolate chips, gummy worms, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel and so on. It was definitely something that helped brighten the mood.

A/N: OKAY I KNOW THIS IS CRAPPY. I HAVE LOST IDEAS AND IM IN THE MIDDLE OF TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO END THIS BOOK. SADLY THIS BOOK WAS NOT THOUGH OUT VERY WELL. ITS A YEAR OLD AND I STARTED WRITING IT WHEN I WAS 15.  I HAVE MANY OTHER IDEAS FOR STORIES THAT JUST WONT GO. I WONT LEAVE IT UNFINISHED.. I WILL FINISH IT BUT IM SORRY IF IT IS CRAPPY. IF YOU HAVE LIKED THIS SO FAR, I WILL BE PUBLISHING A BOOK OF GRAYSON SOON! WHICH ACTUALLY HAS A PLOT.