thirty five

I woke to the sound of barking. I try to hide my head under my pillow to block out the noise but it doesn't help. I forgot what having a dog was like when I was back in New Jersey. I only slept in a hoodie so I quickly put on a pair of leggings.

I made my way out of my room and down the hall. My sister was snoring in her room and my parents were definitely not in theirs. I walk towards the living room and find my mom sitting on the couch wrapped in blankets while my dad made a fire in the fire place.

"Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad." I whisper quietly.

My mom turns towards me with a smile on her face. She opens her arms wide as in a way to tell me to hug her. I wrap my arms around her and she squeezes me tightly.

"I'm so glad you are home for Christmas." She tells me.

"Me too. I wanted to spend it with the three of you." I tell her. She smiles and my dad stands, wiping his hands on a towel.

"Let me go get Riley and we will open presents. Will you let Fiona in, H?" My dad asks. I nod my head and walk to the back door to let Fiona inside. She was covered in white dots. I looked outside and notice it had snowed.

"Bet you're a happy girl. I know how much you just love the snow." I talk to Fiona, scratching the back of her left ear.

I ran to the living room with Fiona hot on my tail. I plop onto the floor next to our enormous tree that my mom decorated so lovely. It just hit me that I didn't have the chance to help decorate this year. I admired the tree as I listened to my mom and dad try to get Riley out of bed.

Soon enough all three came walking in. Riley's hair was pointed in all directions and she had on a pajama set from Victoria Secret from the guy she is seeing. She tries to deny it, but I just know.

"Okay, both of you grab a present." My mom says, clapping her hands together

I grab one and move it around in my hands. I bite my lip wondering what it could be.

"Okay now open them." My mom says.

I peel off the red and white snow flake wrapping paper that she uses every year and then try to pry open the card board box. When I finally got it open, I cover my mouth.

"You guys did not have to get me this." I said running up to them and hugging them. In my hands was the new GoPro I was eyeing when my mom, Aunt Macy, Emercyn, and I went to Best Buy over Thanksgiving.

"We know you've been traveling a lot." My mom says and I hug her again.

My sister and I open a few more presents that consisted of candy, headphones, and a charger in our stockings. My sister had bought me a lulu lemon work out set while I bought her a Michael Kors wallet to match her purse that my mom bought for her as a present. My mom bought me a black one identical to hers. The rest of our presents consisted of clothes.

Riley had one more present than I did when we usually have the same amount.

"H, don't worry. You have the same amount of presents. But you other one is in New Jersey and I want you to open it with Emercyn. You have to FaceTime us when you do though." My dad explains. I nod my head and watch as Riley opens her presents before our parents open some as well.

The rest of the day we all just chilled out. I was laying in my bed watching YouTube and catching up on vlogmas's that I had missed. I was catching up on one of my favorites Claudia, also known as beyondbeautystar when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I shout as I continue to watch. I felt arms wrap around me but didn't think much about it.

Grayson's POV-