Praetors and Aurors

Nina's POV

The last thing I expected to happen when Juno disappeared was to be pulled into a tight hug by a blond girl. "I knew you weren't dead!" she shouted. "See, Nev, I told you Nina wasn't dead!" After that, I was surprised again. A brunette boy had his arms around me and the blond girl. I scrambled out from the hug to get a better look at their faces. They were so familiar, I just couldn't place them. I tried to think back to where I recognized them from. Suddenly, it came to me.

"Neville? Luna? You two are demigods?" Neville blushed, but Luna just kept on smiling her insane smile. The girl wearing a purple toga stepped up to Percy and me.

Taking a deep breath, she started to whisper something hoarsely. "I never got to properly thank you two for what you did for my sister and I. I never realized how bad my life was until you two saved me. You probably don't remember me, but I'm Reyna, Hylla's younger sister from Circe's island."

I thought back to that memory. If I focused hard enough, I could just barely make out to girls escaping with Percy, the blond, and me. "No prob," I grinned shakily. "Maybe you could help us out a bit."

Reyna cocked her head slightly to the side. "Prehaps we should talk about that in the privacy of my house?"

"That would be nice," agreed Percy.

I grabbed Luna and Neville's hands. Everything was still ridiculously fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure they were close friends of mine. I wasn't too sure though. I didn't want to ask though because that would be rude. Neville looked nervously at Reyna. She nodded her consent that, yes, they could come along and lead us down the main road.

Reyna lead us down several side roads until we reached her house. I hadn't noticed before, but Hazel and Frank were following us too. I couldn't help but wonder why. Reyna let us into her home. I was kind of freaked out by the metal dogs standing on either side of the door. When there master entered, they quickly joined her side while she sat down in a large chair on the opposite end of the table. Percy, Luna, Neville, and I sat down on the other side of the table.

"What do you need my help with?" Reyna asked.

"I can't remember a thing," Percy informed her. "I just remember this brunette girl, and Nina. That's it."

"I remember things," continued Nina. "It's like watching an old movie though. Everything's there, it's just all fuzzy."

Reyna frowned and looked at Neville and Luna. "This is your friend that was kidnapped, correct?" They both nodded. "Christina, do you remember what happened leading up to your memories fuzziness, for lack of better word?"

I bit my lip, trying to make sense of the jumbled memories. "I was in this dark place. Luna was there, and so was Neville. There were four other people too. I don't exactly remember who though. I-I think we were trying to rescue someone. It was Sirius!" I became excited as everything started coming back to me. "We were trying to rescue Sirius! But-but he died. He f-fell through the Veil of Death." Neville squeezed my shoulder in sympathy. Luna had lost her smile. "There was this bright light. I remember someone shouting my name."

"That was me," Neville interrupted, embarrassed. I smiled lightly at him.

"I woke up in this room. There were two gods, and my vision was blurry. The blond one was leaning over me. I think it was Lord Apollo."

"That's Daddy," smiled Luna.

"I think the other goddess was Lady Hera."

"Juno," Reyna corrected.

"No," I frowned. "Apollo said she was Hera, not Juno. Hera told Apollo to erase my memories, but he said he couldn't because I'm eidetic. Hera just glared at him and told him to send me to the Wolf House." I blushed, remembering what Apollo had said before sending me away and what I had told him. I decided not to divulge that little piece of info. "I passed out and when I woke up, I was with Percy in the Wolf House."

Reyna frowned. "I'm not entirely sure. Juno must have sent you here for a reason. She doesn't do anything without a clear purpose. Neville, take them to Octavian. Have him see if they can join the legion." Neville nodded and beckoned us forward.

As we followed Neville up a hill, I asked, "Who's Octavian?"

Neville groaned. "An idiot that's more annoying than Malfoy."

"Who?" asked Percy. I kind of remembered Malfoy. He always used to make fun of me. I couldn't remember why though.

"An idiot that goes to Nina's and my school. Octavian is the camp augur. That means he can give sacrifices to the gods, and they'll show him stuff."

"So like a seer?" I asked.

Neville shook his head. "No, it's different. Seers can see visions without of sacrificing. Augers need to sacrifice something to get a vision. Oh look, we're here."

We had arrived at a temple to Apollo. A scrawny blond boy, who reminded me of a scarecrow, was leaning over the altar. "What do you need, Longbottom," he scowled.

"Reyna wants you to judge these two. They're children of Neptune."

Octavian spun around. He looked both Percy, whom I guess is my half brother now, and me up and down. His eyes rested on me. "The first daughter of Neptune," he smirked. "I assume you know the prophecy that was originated about you?" He asked this as a question. I nodded my head, recalling when Lord Apollo had told me about the prophecy. I was about thirteen or fourteen back then.

"What prophecy?" Percy asked, looking at me with wide eyes.

Octavian smirked evilly before reciting the prophecy.

The first born daughter of the sea shall be the sun's true love

Born into two different worlds,

She will face many challenges

She will be learn much from the twin archers

And will save all those who are innocent

She shall be the sun's one true love

"You're dating the sun god?" was the first thing that Percy said.

I looked down at the ground. "Maybe. I guess so. I don'tknow. It's all really fuzzy." Percy nodded in understanding.

"Lovely," Octavian sneered. "You're dating my grandfather. Let's get on with this, shall we?" Octavian grabbed a stuffed panda bear from a pile of stuffed animals. Octavian drew a knife from its sheath and used it to cut open the panda. After a few minutes of looking at the stuffing, he declared, "They are fit to join the legion."