Elemental Mages

Nina's POV

I grumbled as I walked home from school through the rain. The hoodie Morgan had leant me a while back was zipped all the way up, and the hood was pulled up over my hair in a useless effort to keep it dry. To make everything better, Percy just had to get sick.  today, so my backpack was twice as heavy with all of his homework. When I got into the apartment, I completely disregarded Mom and stormed up the stairs.

"Antonina Jackson, you will not ignore me like that!" Mom called up the stairs after me.

"Sorry, Mom!" I shouted back. I felt bad for ignoring Mom like that. "But I'm wet and cold, and I have tons of homework today!" I pushed open Percy's door and walked over to his bed. Sitting down next to him, I wiped the sweaty hair from his forehead and placed a kiss on it. "Perce, wake up," I whispered softly. Percy's eyes fluttered a few times before opening. He smiled when he saw me.

"Mmm? Hey sorellina, your wet."(Little Sister)

I giggled softly and pulled my backpack onto my lap. "I'm older, fratellino. I brought you your homework."(Baby Brother) I placed a rather large stack of paper on Percy's nightstand and stood up. "Oh, and it's raining outside."

Percy laughed weakly, "I'm still taller than you. Go dry off before you get the flu too."

"Ti amo, fratellino," I called as I walked out.

"Ti amo troppo, sorellina," Percy called back before going into a weak coughing fit. Hopefully he feels better tomorrow. I hate seeing him so sick.

I opened my door and walked over to my mirror. Grabbing my long hair I began to wring it out. I sighed less than a month ago I had chopped it off to my shoulders and donated it, but it was already back down to the tips of my shoulder blades. It grew ridiculously fast. When I turned around to get dry clothes from my closet I heard a knock on my window. I flipped around and smiled so wide it felt like I broke my face. All thoughts of being soaked left my mind as I rushed to open the window.

"Morgan!" I squealed. "I haven't seen you since last Saturday."

"It's only Tuesday, Sparkles," Morgan laughed. Two years, and he still called me that. I would admit to no one how warm that made me feel inside. Morgan pulled me into a tight hug. "Why the heck aren't you wet? It's raining cats and dogs out there!"

"I'm not wet?" I asked. I looked down and felt my clothes. They were completely dry. How? I was soaked a few seconds ago. "I don't understand," I said aloud. "I was soaked to the bone before."

"Not anymore you aren't," Morgan frowned. He grabbed a piece of my hair and ran his fingers through it. "Completely dry.

"Stuff like this has happened to me before," I mumbled under my breath. I was trembling, but no longer from the cold of being wet. "Weird stuff like this. You don't hate me do you?"

"Course not Sparkles, it's not as abnormal as you'd think, watch." Morgan ordered the last part, and I watched as he held out his hand and a ball of light appeared.

"You-you just," I couldn't even finish my sentence I was freaking out so bad. "How?"

"I'm an elemental mage, Nina," Morgan said, helping sit down on my bed. He sat down on the chair in the corner of my room. "Diane is one too. It means we can control light."

"But what am I?" I nearly shouted. This could not be happening. Morgan held my shaking hands in his own.

"Relax Sparkles. You're probably a Water Mage. There are a bunch of different mages, one group for each element. There's Water, Light, Shadow, Air, and Fire. Try and focus on the water in the room and form a ball of it in your hand." I closed my eyes and tried to focus on the water in the room. Once I felt that I had concentrated hard enough on it, I tried to form a ball. When I opened my eyes, there was a sphere of water sitting in it. I gasped and lost my concentration causing it to land with a splash on the ground.

"That's not possible," I groaned. Morgan laughed.

"You'd be surprised what's possible, Sparkles. I can teach you to control it. The movements are the same for each element, you just need to focus on your particular one." I nodded my head. This was completely insane.