Maze and Voldermort

On the day of the third task, McGonagall approached me during breakfast, followed by Harry, Cedric, Fleur, and Viktor. "Jackson,the champions are congregating in the chamber off the Hall. The champions' families are invited to watch the final task. This is a chance for you to meet with them." I jumped up and waved goodbye to my friends. Cedric met his parents right next to the door. Viktor met his parents by the fireplace. Fleur's mom and little sister were over by the sofa. Mrs. Weasley and Bill had come to cheer Harry on. Bill gave me a thumbs up and Mrs. Weasley glared at me.

I honestly didn't think any of my family would show up with the war and everything. I didn't see them at first, but then a group of people caught my eye. Percy, Dad, Artemis, and Apollo all had come to cheer me on. I dashed up to them and Apollo pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he swung me around like he used to do when I was a little girl. Then, Artemis hugged me followed by my brother. Dad hugged me last. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked in an urgent whisper. "What about the war?"

"Relax," Percy said. "Chiron said I could use a break so I thought a good break would be watching you get yourself almost killed." Everyone glared at Percy for his phrasing. "I said almost!"

"Oceanus is preparing an attack, but we have set up as much as we can and there is no way we could be more prepared," Dad said, quietly.

"What if he finds out you're not there and attacks?"

"He will not be strong enough to attack for another month, child. The sea is safe for now."

"What about you two?"

"It's not like Zeus thinks I'm useful for anything," Apollo pointed out. "He's been yelling at me to get out of the way for the past month. Hey, who's the redhead?" Apollo pointed at Bill.

"Bill Weasley, why?"

"Isn't he the son-" Artemis clasped her hand over Apollo's mouth. She hissed something in his ear.

"What?" Percy and I asked.

"Nothing," Artemis said, glaring at Apollo. He shrugged. "My Huntresses have been prepared for battle. There is nothing more we can do except wait for the actual battle to start."

I nodded my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad they all came, but these are some of the best warriors, no matter how much Apollo hates fighting. I looked up and smiled. "C'mon, I'll show you around." I grabbed Apollo's hand and dragged him from the room. I could hear the others following us.

I led everyone around my school. Percy was greatly amused when the portrait of Sir Cadogan started yelling at him. He pulled Riptide out, in its pen form, and asked the silly knight if wanted to have a fight. I dragged him away before the knight could answer. Everywhere we went, girls were staring at my boyfriend and my brother. I glared at them all and Apollo kissed me when I pointed out Harry so he could send a very clear message to the boy. I'm Apollo's and only Apollo's. Apollo probably would have kept kissing me if my dad hadn't coughed to tell him other people were there. He pulled away blushing slightly. I knew I was blushing too. Apparently, gods blush golden. When I asked about it, Artemis said, "Blushing occurs when blood rushes to your cheeks. Since gods have ichor instead of blood, we blush golden." I giggled, that was kinda weird.

At lunch, Lav, Vati, and Nev joined us. Fred, George, and Bill looked like they were about to get up and join us too, but they looked to be too scared of Mrs. Weasley. I don't blame them, she is pretty scary. Apollo decided that Benny Tudino makes better pizza than the house-elves. I agreed along with Artemis. Dad and Percy looked at us funny.

It was time for the third task. It was a giant maze and we had to reach the center of it where the Triwizard cup was. Everyone hugged me and Apollo gave me a kiss for good luck. Dad gave me an extra hug too. I was going in first since I had the most points. The judges were Cornelius Fudge, in place of Barty Crouch who had mysteriously disappeared, Bagman, Madame Maxime, Karkaroff, and Dumbledore.