The War is Won

It was too late by the time we got down. Our army lay injured all across the ground. Clarisse and Chris were frozen in a block of ice. The centaurs had either all ran away or they were all disintegrated because there weren't any left. Kronos stood in front of his army, scythe in hand. The only thing between him and the entrance to the building was Chiron. Chiron had an arrow notched and pointed directly at Kronos' face. Lavender stumbled over to us, clutching her side which was bleeding heavily.

"Step aside, little son." I had almost forgotten that Chiron was a son of Kronos. It was really weird seeing Luke say that to Chiron.

"I'm afraid not," Chiron said. His voice was calm, but I could hear the anger in it. Lav, Percy, Grover, Thalia, and I were all straining to move, but our feet seemed to be super glued to the pavement. A dracaena became impatient and charged Chiron. His arrow went straight through her skull. She disintegrated on the spot. Chiron reached for another arrow, but his quiver was empty. He dropped his bow and pulled out his sword. The sword was never his favorite weapon.

Kronos chuckled and advanced towards Chiron, whose horse half skittered nervously. "You're a teacher," Kronos sneered. "Not a hero."

"Luke was a hero," Chiron retorted. "A good one, until you corrupted him."

"FOOL! You filled his head with empty promises. You said the gods cared about me!"

"Me," Chiron noted. "You said me."

Kronos seemed rather confused by that comment and in that moment Chiron struck. Unfortunately, Kronos was too quick. He knocked aside the sword and yelled, "BACK!" A blinding, white light knocked Chiron backwards into the side of a building with such a force the wall crumbled on top of him.

"NO!" screamed Annabeth. The freezing spell broke and she ran towards our teacher. The rest of us that could walk followed close behind her. "YOU!" she shouted, turning on Kronos. "To think that I...that I thought-" She drew her knife.

"Annabeth, don't." Percy tried to pull her back as ugly laughter went through the Titan army. Percy grabbed her around the waist and pulled her back. She had tears running down her face.

"I HATE you!" she screeched. I wasn't sure if she was talking to my brother or Kronos.

Kronos gave a dark chuckle. "So much spirit. I can see why Luke wanted to spare you. Unfortunately, that won't be possible." Kronos raised his scythe and Percy pulled out Riptide. Before either could strike, a piercing Arroooooooo! filled the night air.

"Mrs. O'Leary?" Percy asked. The enemy army began to part like something was forcing them too. A small dark figure stood next to my brother's huge familiar.

"Nico?" I asked.

ROWWF! Mrs. O'Leary strode forward, Mrs. O'Leary bounding ahead in front of him. "Got your message," Nico grinned as he stepped up next to me, turning to face the Titan army. "Is it too late to join the party?"

"Son of Hades," Kronos spat at the ground. "Do you love death so much you wish to experience it?"

"Your death, Gramps, would be great for me."

"I'm immortal, you foo! I have escaped Tartarus. You have no business here, and no chance to live."

Nico drew his three foot, stygian iron sword. "I don't agree." The ground rumbled and cracks appeared in the road. Thousands of deceased beings crawled out of the ground.

"HOLD YOUR GROUND!"Kronos ordered his army. "The dead are no match for us." The sky turned dark and cold and the shadows thickened. A chariot emerged from around the corner. Hades himself was driving it. Ladies Demeter and Persephone were behind him.