Chapter 44 - Never Touch The Headphones

-Chapter 44-

-Sky's POV-

"Hey, Ty...." I whispered gently, squeezing him tight. We were back in our bed, and he was tucked against my side, still shivering and mumbling things under his breath.

He glanced,up at me, and his eyes looked sad and scared. It broke my heart, and kissed his forehead repeatedly. "Hey, your alright, Ty. They are headphones. And they are right here." I poked the plastic on his head, and he let out a soft chuckle.

"W-When I was young," he stuttered, and I held him jut a little bit closer as he told his story. Ty took a deep breath before continuing.

"When I was younger, my mom have me a pair of headphones. They were hers, dad gave them to her but she was getting older and didn't use them. I was about three or four at the time. I put them off, and didn't take them off for weeks." He took a deep breath "my dad...he wanted to check the sounds, so he took them away. I broke down, crying and screaming.

"After that...well, after that, there was a rule. No matter what happened, no matter how bad or how shitty things got, we don't take the headphones off Ty. Not ever. My parents or doctors couldn't find out why, but something was wrong with me. Like deathly wrong. Without those headphones, I broke down. And I had no control over it.

"One time, though... When I was five....Luke...he forgot the rule. We were sitting on the hill..."

~FlashBack, Ty's POV-

My eyes watered as Luke, my 17 or so year old brother, spat insult after insult in my face.

"I didn't even want a brother! My god, mom, why?!" we were fighting, obviously. It's what all brothers do. But he was a little more harsh this time. Maybe it's because he had been going through some tough patches with his girlfriend, but I wasn't sure.

"I-I'm sorry!" I hiccuped. "I didn't mean to break the disk, I promise!!!"

"WELL YOU DID." He screamed back. I shivered, moving back a few spaces. He just glared at me with pure hate, as if he could kill me right then, he would without a second thought.

This was different. I was young, very young, but this wasn't the Luke I knew. He was always so kind and loving towards me, and everyone for that reason.

"YOU KNOW WHAT?!" Suddenly, he did the unexpected. His arm shot out, and he grabbed my headphones. With a foul tug, they fell off my head. Immediately I fell to the ground, screaming and spazzing out.

Luke stared at his hand, at the headphones in his hand. He started shaking, as if he couldn't believe what he had just done.

"T-Ty!!! I'm so sorry!!!" He screamed, dropping to my side as I spazzed out. "NO! NO!!!" I yelped, curling into a small ball. But before I did that I learned something fatal about the hill we were on.

There was a tree there.

My foot rammed into to tree, and I let out another ear-piercing scream as I felt my bone snap. I screamed my head off, continuously begging for my headphones.

"O-Oh my god..." Luke whispered, a hand covering his face. "T-Ty! Your leg!" He sprung up, picking me up in his arms and I thrashed and screamed. Buford he took off, he placed the pair of headphones on my head, which calmed down a little bit, but not much.

"MOM! DAD! HELP!!!"

-End o' Flashback-

-Sky's POV-

"A-After that," Ty continued to stutter after he had told me what had happened on the hill. "We went to the hospital. I had a broken leg and a concussion. It became so important to keep that rule - don't take the headphones from Ty. Whatever you do, that was our number one rule."

I stared at him in shock before pulling him into a hug and rocking him back and forth gently.

"How come you didn't even tell me?" I asked softly, brushing some of the hair out of his eyes and eying the headphones.

"I kinda...forgot? I mean it wasn't necessary. They never left me anymore, they pretty much morphed into my person and I forgot they were even there. Prevent through the beatings from Luke," Ty took another deep breath, as this was a touchy subject for him. "He never, ever touched the headphones."

I nodded softly kissing his cheek, then his forehead, then finally, his lips. His cheek was still wet from the tears, and his forehead from hot from the fever, but his lips were as they almost were - soft, sweet and perfect.

"I love you..." I whispered gently. What he needed to hear right now.

"I love you too, Sky." He whimpered back, and latched himself onto my shirt. I just giggled and let my fingers role through his hair.

"And I promise I've got you."

-Time Skip-

I lay in bed my arms latched protectively around my lover. I felt him snoring peacefully beside me, and I couldn't help but smirk.

I was having trouble sleeping. I mean, you would be too if you just found out the love of your life's LIFE depended on a pair of plastic headphones.

"Oh, but they're much more then headphones."

Both Ty and I lurched up, looking around. There was no one here, so who said that? The voice did sound vaguely familiar, but who I thought it belonged to was...utterly impossible.

((No ones reading the A/N so I'm putting this here! Nucky and I are doing a Cards Against Humanity game! The password is wattpad, all lower case, link in comments.))

"AWW...impossible, you say? That's cute."

My eyes widened, and Ty growled in a half scared and timid, and half confronting and mandatory voice "Who are you?"

"I think you know me, dear Ty. I'm not done yet."

I felt something touch me, and I looked down to see a shivering, shaking Ty who was furiously searching for my hand for comfort. I slipped my fingers around him and lifted up his hands, giving the knuckles a kiss.

"I would cool it, Dawn. Your not getting him again."

-A/N-

I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT IM AT MY COUSINS AND THEYRE HOUNDING ME.

HEY GUYS, ME AND NUCKY ARE STARTING UP ANOTHER CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY GAME! JUST FOLLOW THE LINK THAT I LEAVE IN THE DESCRIPTION, AND TYPE INNTHE PASSWORD wattpad WITH NO CAPS. SEE YOU THERE :)