Chapter 29 - Frozen

-Chapter 29-

-Sky's POV-

I continued to mercifully pound at the solid rock that blocked off the cave. I wasn't going to give up, not if there was even the smallest chance my Ty was in there.
HIT
HIT
HIT
Come on.... I gotta get it...for Ty...
I continued to ram the door with Betty, not holding back any strength as I felt my shoulder pop while I was swinging.
HIT
HIT
BANG!
"YES!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as the door swing open. I unsheathed my sword, thinking I was ready for whatever would be behind that door.
Boy, was I wrong.
Ty sat in the center of the room, braces clipped to his arms. He was sitting down, knees bent and he was sitting on them. His hands rested in his lap and he seemed to be staring at them. His hair hang down by all sides of his face like a curtain.
His body...oh god, his body. It was covered and decorated in sores and bruises, all shining off from the light. The blood dripped down the side of his cheek, the source being a cut running across his forehead.
His eyes were half lidded, and he didn't seem like he was fully there.
"Oh, god Ty! I'm so sorry!!!" I cried out, tears pouring down my face as I fell to my knees in front of him.
He was only half-conscious, I could tell that pretty well. He didn't answer, only blinked once or twice.
I reached out slowly and put a gentle hand on his long, slender arm. It was freezing cold to the touch. I winced.
"Baby...." I whispered, moving even closer to him and pushing his bangs behind his ear. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..."
All the months I had spent waiting, not knowing if he would survive to the next day. All the months he had spent tortured, not believing I cared. It all led to this. I had Ty - had him in my arms once more.
It felt so good yet hurt at the same time.
He didn't say anything, just fell over. His head hit my chest with a light thump. I jumped, not because it hurt but because it surprised me. His eyes stayed half-opened, and the bangs fell out from behind his ear and landed once again over his pale, cut up face.
Slowly, I wrapped my arms around his skinny frame and pulled him as close as possible.
"Oh, Ty..." I whispered, my voice cracking as I moved his hair out of his face once again. He just blinked slowly, like he wasn't sure of it.
I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him even closer. He kept his eyes glued on his hands, his fingers twitched from the mind-numbing cold. I rubbed my warm hand against his cold arm in an attempt to warm him a little. I then picking up his hand and intertwined our fingers, squeezing them tightly.
"Oh baby this, oh baby that!!! You never said that while WE were dating!!!" Cried out a familiar voice. I looked back towards the door, where a familiar figure was tapping her foot impatiently.
"Dawn..." I growled, picked up my sword and getting between her and Ty. Ty sat, knees bent, still staring at his lifeless and twitching hands "Stay away from him."
I scanned her, confused. "Wait...what about Katherine. Wasn't she running this?"
"She never was, Sky. And anyways. She would've used him as a sex toy."
"...what did you use him for."
Dawns eyes fixated him with a cold, lifeless grip. "He killed us, Adam." She laughed, moving closer to us. I held my sword out, ready to kill anyone who lays a finger on Ty.
"He didn't kill us, you did!!! You wanted me to stop YouTube, you wanted me to never talk to him!" I shuddered at the thought of never talking to Ty again. He couldn't bear it. "And I almost fell for it! But fate wouldn't have it, now would it? No, because Ty talked me out of it. Then, he showed me what true love was." I scowled "to think I thought true love was when I was with YOU!"
She laughed, coming even closer. In one smooth move from my sword, I swiped it under her feet, tripping her. She fell, and her head bounced against the floor with a nauseating CLONK.
Her eyes blazed with anger. After a few moments, she pointing to Ty.
"FROZEN! He's frozen! Unaware, untold. Freezing to death inside. And guess who wasn't here to save him in time?"
I looked back at Ty, a sob fighting its way up my throat. The freezing skin, like he was left in ice. The lifeless expression, like he wasn't fully there. And finally, the twitching fingers, like he was trying to break out of an ice prison...
Out of anger and blind furry, I threw the sword to dawns throat. Her eyes widened; I don't think she expected such a violent notion from me.
"Cure. Now. Or you'll be Dawn on a stick." I whispered dangerously. I wasn't afraid to run her through. Actually, I wanted to. She was causing Ty, MY TY, so much pain, so much hurt...it hurt to watch.
It was always him. He always gets kidnapped. He always gets hurt. He always gets to be in the hospital bed.
I looked up at the Sky (HA! BAD PUN!) and murmured "Give him a break...please..."
I turned my attention back to Dawn, who sat, neck at the swords point, expressionless.
"Cure." I repeated. The sides of her lips twisted up into a devious grin.
"Seto might know one..." She said slowly, and that's all I needed to know. I took the butt of my sword, hesitating for a moment, then driving it into her arm.
She just chuckled and looked at the crimson red liquid that ran down her arm. She stuck out one perfectly manicured nail and scraped some of it off, then brought it to her mouth and swallowed some.
I staggered back, unable to keep my balance. I still kept between Ty and her, not willing to let him get more hurt.
"You're insane!" I cried, draping my arm protectively around Ty.
Dawn laughed and nodded, licking the extra blood off her already lipsticked chaps.
"Maybe that's so. But I'm also right. He's to blame...he...must...die..." She murmured before passing out, probably from blood loss.
I gripped my sword so hard my knuckles turned white and slowly moved closer to the limp, lifeless body. I looked between her and Ty. I couldn't kill someone, I just can't. But she tried to kill Ty with absolutely no mercy. I can't stand that.
Finally, I lifted the sword. With a forced movement, I drove it into her chest. She let a pained gasp, the air being forced out of her. All in one, her heart fell silent, her body fell limp...
Dawn Ables was dead.
I sighed, staring at the body for a few moments before remembering something important. I turned back to see Ty, still laying and looking at his arms like nothing ever happened.
I threw my sword down and ran to him, falling to my knees in front of his lifeless body. I ripped my jacket off and slung it over him in attempts to warm him up.
I continued to rub my hand up and down his arms in any attempt to warm him up. He started to twitch his fingers faster, like he realized what was going on. I felt his long, slender arms warming up, which wasn't saying much. He was already so cold, he would need to be dumped in heat to be back to normal...
I picked him up bridal style, cradling his head close to my chest. He still stared down at his hands lifelessly.
"Baby..." I whispered softly. "You're going to be fine, I promise. I promise."

-Authors Note-

Fun fact - I wrote this, originally, on the same day the 4th chapter of Waste of air one. Yes, I planned that far ahead XD this and the chapter before this one are personally my favorites in this book so far ;) hope you enjoyed and got a feels attack!