-Chapter 3 - Texts

-Chapter 3-

~Sky's POV~

I opened up the door, calling out to Ty as it slammed shut behind me. "BABE IM HOME."

"UPSTAIRS. RECORDING."

Thank god, I hope home before he was finished. I quickly wrapped off my jacket, setting it down across the kitchen island. Digging through the pockets, my fingers wrapped around a single box that could make my life or destroy it. I tore it out, throwing the expensive jacket on the floor with carelessness.

Cradling the box like it was a young child, I raced up the stairs and into the bathroom. Ripping open the closer that sat against the far left, I gently placed it in the back of the shelf. I then proceeded to put everything possible in front of it - toilet paper, tissues, towels, and an assortment of other things.

"Hey," said a sudden voice behind me, making me jump a few extra feet in the air.

I turned around, a smile dancing across my lips at who the voice belonged to and walking up to him. Placing my hands gently on his waist, I leaned down and kissed his gentle lips.

"Hey Ty."

"How was your trip to the store?" He asked, walking over to the closet which I was leaning against. Reluctantly I moved away, allowing him access. My heart turned to fear and my blood to ice as his reached out, grappling on the exact shelf I had placed the box.

I let out a giant sigh of relief as he grabbed a tissue box, replacing it with the one on the back of the toilet and throwing that one out.

"Shitty," I answered, scratching the back of my neck. "But then that's pretty normal, I suppose." Ty chuckled, but there seems to be a sense of nervousness under the many coats of his voice.

"You've been really nervous lately."

"No, I'm fine."

"I don't believe you."

"Why not?"

"Are you stressing out about your high school finals? You'll get that diploma, I know you will." I ignored his question.

"I know. I told you, I'm fine."

I tapped my fingers on the bathroom counter, my mind cranking. Finally, I said "We're watching a movie tonight."

"Wait, what-"

"You've gotta take your mind off the stress."

"Adam, I told you, I'm not stressed!"

"I still don't believe you. Tonight, you pick the movie, popcorn, the works."

"Ugh, fine! We'll do a movie! But only if there's cuddling."

A bigger smirk danced across my lips, and I opened up my arms wide. Immediately, Ty bounded into then, resting his chin on my shoulder and his arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

"Always." I whispered.

~Time Skip~

"Alright." I said, holding Ty closely to my chest as the movie ended. I glanced down at the boy, who was half asleep and snuggled into my side. The heat in the room was cranking from the snowy ground outside, and that, plus the popcorn must've knocked him out.

"Before you sleep, Ty, I have a question."

"A...And what's that?"

"Why have you been so stressed."

"..." He seemed reluctant to answer, but finally stated "just things."

"That isn't an answer."

"Is too."

"Ty, seriously. What's got you nervous." It was more of a demand than a question.

"C-Check my phone." He stuttered, burying his head into my sides, as if he was afraid of the sentence. Like it was a beast, roaming the woods with its fangs bared and sharp.

"Why? What's on there?"

"I'm not saying, if you want to know, check it."

Slowly, I got up, leaving Ty almost asleep on the couch. He fought to keep his eyes open, like what was about to happen was worth the struggle.

I slowly picked up his phone, scrolling through the things. "Texts. It's under texts."

"Um...okay." I muttered, hitting the Text icon at the bottom on the iPhone. Multiple text messages popped up, including ours, the last one being 'I love you so much.'

I kept scrolling through, reading off of the names I knew. Jason, Mitch, Jerome, Bodil. Quentin, Brice, Kermit, Tyler.

Finally, I came to an unknown number. My eyebrows arching up, I pressed it with my thumb, and a single, simple message popped up.

Waste of air.

-LL

~Authors Note~

Hope you enjoyed! I'm going to be in the mountains for a while, so I might not update till Tuesday, or Monday. But if I do that, there will be multiple updates, covering Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I'll be able to WRITE the chapters, I might just not have the wifi to do it.

Have a great day, bye everybody!