Chapter 17 - Cry

~Chapter 17~

I sat down at the table, impatiently tapping my blocked hand against the wood. It made a small thumping noise, and went in rhythm with the ticks on the clock above me.
Ty had ran away after the incident with Dawn, and SOMEHOW the guys had been able to convince me to leave him alone. It was true, he needed some time to think. But I wanted to be with him, to hold him and whisper things. I love the feeling of having him in my arms. Absolutely love it. The truth was, it soothed me just as much as it did him. The feeling of his heart against mine gave my soul a steady thumping to relax too.
As I sat there, I realized i was tapping out the rhythm to a heartbeat. Ty's heartbeat.
I jumped up, letting the stool under me spin as my butt left it. Ant and Jordan, who had been playing a game of cards at the end of the table.
"Sky?!" Jordan cried, and Ant jumped up. "You've gotta leave him, Sky. He needs space." Taylor tried to convince, holding his arms out in understanding.
I shook my head. "But I do."
I turned on the ball of my foot and began sprinting upstairs. Neither Jordan nor Taylor tried to stop me, and I smirked.
I burst into our room, the door bouncing against the wall and making a small thud.
My eyes skimmed the room. They landed on the body that stood in front of the mirror, staring into it. He continuously mumbled, and I only picked up a single statement.
"Don't cry, don't be a baby in front of Sky. Don't cry, don't be a baby in front of Sky." From what I got he was repeating the statement over and over again, the worlds rolling off his tongue and he kept the tears from rolling down his cheeks. His hands were balled into fists, and his eyes were squeezed tightly shut. The skin from his eyelid crumpled together, and the creases in his hand dipped and curved as he slowly clenched and unclenched them.
Slowly, I walked up behind him, careful to stay out of the mirrors view. Ty still spoke in a lowered volume, his voice barely above a whisper.
A smile danced across my lips as I stepped in the view of the mirror. Deadlox jumped about fifty feet in the air, but before he had a chance to turn around i gently dipped my hand into his, unclenching his fist. I wrapped my other arm around his neck and pulled him against my body so I could feel his heartbeat against my chest. The boy tensed up below me, so took my arm away from his neck and wrapped it around his stomach.
"Don't be afraid to cry, Ty." I whispered in his ear, then rested my chin on he top of his head. I stared at our reflection, smirking at how perfect we looked together, even if in Minecraft.
"I've been crying a lot lately," he set his shoulders at a determined angle, like he was ready for battle. "Isn't it time I stopped?"
I squeezed him even tighter and listened to his heart beating through his chest. "No..." I mumbled.
"Don't you get sick of it?"
That question took me aback a little. "Sick of what..?" I asked slowly.
"Me. Always getting hurts, always being the one that can't take cafe of himself, and you always being the one that has to come to the rescue. Doesn't it get..." Ty stumbled for words a little before looking up and deep into my eyes. "Old?"
I spun him around so he was facing me, then began to speak. "Ty I don't think you understand. When I help you, it makes me feel better as well. By helping you I solve my own problems in different ways."
Ty looked up at into my eyes, then a small smile danced across his lips. The corners of his mouth were tugged up, and his eyes shown bright. He snaked his arms around my waist and I smirked, pressing a kiss to his forehead.
"See?" I whispered. "There's no reason to cry anyway."

~The Next Day~

-Ty's POV-

Mitch is doing better, a lot better actually. His wounds are healing and he can walk around with little or no help from Jerome. He's eating fully, and he can sleep again. He still refuses to leave fluffy though, hugs on to him like a child to a bear.
Also, some big news rippled through the group. And they're all building their own houses, and Sky and I are getting this one for ourselves.
We did,however, decide we should have a close community. The farthest house that's away from us is three minutes, and that's Jason and Bash.
It was early Sunday night, and I was hard at work in one of the rooms. Sky was downstairs, making us dinner, while i sawed at some wood to cut it into two.
Suddenly, the window that was right next to me popped open. I shivered at the cool breeze that followed it, and quickly jumped up to close the glass, which was, in all likelihood, popped open by the gusts of wind.
Before I was able to close it, I found myself compelled by the stars. Resting my elbows on the ledge, I smirked up at them.
"Ty..?" Asked a sudden voice, and I turned around and smirked at Adam.
"Sorry. Just looking at the stars." He smirked and nodded, then placed dome the tray of food he had.
I turned around and shut the raft, then got back to work.

I wish I had known what would've happened the next day. Maybe I would've double checked to see if I had actually closed the window...