Chapter 34 : Wrong Mistake

-Sky's POV-

I gazed down at Ty - at the sleeping, tiny figure in my arms. It both pained me and made my heart soar to see him.
Let me give you a little description on Ty - he looked terrible. His ribs were clearly seen through his stomach. His skin was a light pale from the numbing cold that stuck to his skin like glue. Spots of his skin were still covered in blood, and every once and a while one of the cuts would reopen. Speaking of cuts, he was covered with scars. I had yet to find a park of him that wasn't slashed and cut into, except his face, which Dawn had the very little decency to leave alone. His hair was messed up, as he couldn't stand left him unable to clean himself up. He was drenched in sweat, and-
Suddenly, he shifted, letting out a whimper. Immediately i got up, wrapping my arms around him like a mother protecting its cub.
He gasped and winced as I continued to rock him, not daring to cease for one moment. At one point, his cries died down, replaced with-
"No..."
"No, no please!"
"I promise I'll do better!"
"I won't leave you!"
"PLEASE!"
"NO!"
"Sky."
My blood went cold as I realized what he was dreaming of. I clutched him even closer, hugging him to my chest so my heartbeat was again his. His arms were tucked up in his lap, his head resting on my shoulder and hair flopping cutely in his eyes.
His feet were tucked up, bent and still resting on the couch, nearly touching my shoulder. I rocked him gently and whispered comforti words in his ear. I remember Seto reminding me something - "if you can help it, make sure he doesn't wake up. He'll need every nights sleep to be a good one for the rest of his LIFE if he wants to gain back all the slumber he's lost."
I was trying my best not to wake him, and thankfully, I succeeded. He drifted back into the peaceful sleep, mumbling my name every once in a while, but in a smooth and relaxed way. A smile creeped across my face as I realized he was having good dreams including me.
A smile danced across his lips, and he snuggled into chest, letting out a content sigh. I smirkedr , leaning against the couch arm-rest as to not wake him. I leaned back, pressing my back against the cold material, letting out a small sigh and letting my head hang back.
Suddenly, there was a bang from down the hall, and I darted my hands to cover Ty's ears. There was shuffling, and I panicked. If it was Katherine, or Luke, or anyone else like that who did this to Ty, I swear to go-
"Sky!" Ian screamed, skidding in. My eyes widened, and I covered Ty's ears even more, hissing a "SHH! He's sleeping! Don't disturb him!" I stared down at his perfect face, gently brushing it with my forefinger and making him sigh happily again.
"Suddenly, Seto came in. He was going slow, and he leaned over as if he was about to pass out. Ian darted out, catching him gently and setting him back up properly.
"Seto, you need to go back to bed, your si-"
"Babe, I've gotta do this. He'll die otherwise."
"Excuse me," I cut in, spitting "whose going to die otherwise?"
"Ty." Seto said, kneeling down next to us and shuffling through his bag. As he did so, he kept talking, muffled by the material he was going through.
"Someone switched out the potion Ian fed Ty. I don't know what it was, but I need to get is in Ty's system before he gets si-" suddenly, Seto's face turned pale.
"Okay, okay," I said quickly "please tell me, this isn't too bad right? We can fix this?" I held Ty even closer, my heart beating at a horses pace.
"Sky..." Seto said slowly, setting down the bottle he had in his hands gently. "Feel Ty's head."
I gently reached up, my hand shaking. I pressed the palm of my hand to Ty's forehead, then shaking my head.
"B-Burning hot."
"Quick," Seto switched back into nurse mod, giving me the potion. I switched Ty to one arm, sure to cradle him with the most care. "Give him that. Jan, go get a cloth. He has to be the warmest as possible. Sky, I know your not to crazy about, you know...getting the sickness, but-"
"I have to keep him warm?"
"Um, yeah. Do you mind? I doubt anyone else wi-"
"Seto, I want to. I needed an excuse anyways." I winked at him as I gently dipped the bottle over, spilling the contents down Ty's throat. He let out a gentle cough, before turning and whimpering into my side. I reached over, pulling us down and bringing the blankets up to our necks. I pulled him as close as possible, tucking his head into my chest.
"I love you, Ty." I whispered in his ear as he continued to whimper. "It's okay, I promise."
Ty's whimpers ceased gently, and he just tucked himself even deeper into my side. I smirked and rubbed circles in his back.
"I love you Ty."
And I missed this feeling so much.
He was back in my arms.
Once again...
Mine.

-A/N-

I know this is rushed, but it's about 12:03 and I feel like I'm about to pass out from sleep loss! HAHA OH WELL. I GOT IT DONE. YYEEESS!
Also, the only reason I was in the mood to read this is because I was just rereading WoA and I decided "I wanna do that thang again...foop my schedule." XD but I did realize that my writing style has seriously changed. Would you like me to try to go back to the little, small, but detailed paragraphs back then or do you like these full, detailed paragraphs? Comment below!