Chapter 43 - A Battle Approaching

-Chapter 43-

-Sky's POV-

I nodded as Ian had finished up explaining to us. Apparently, Tyler - oh god, Tyler - had died. Seto had cast a spell to bring him back to life, but it went wrong somewhere and now the young male was unconscious.

Ian had wanted the couch from Ty and I, which I had of course immediately agreed too but still asked why. Ty was an exception, though. He, as well, agreed and began to get up. But before he could, his legs turned to mush and he fell into my willing arms. I hoisted him up, carrying him bridal style, while he had his arms wrapped tightly around my neck. I leaned forward, kissing his temple gently before speaking.

"Ty, you haven't used your legs in forever. You were strapped to a chair for who knows how long," Ty seemed to look away at the subject, so I held him just a little bit tighter "and you haven't gotten off that couch since you got home. You just can't stand quite yet."

Ty nodded, and I sat on the recliner with him in my arms. He scurried to prop himself up and onto my lap, then buried his head in my neck while we listened to Ian speak.

By the end of his story he had Seto all tucked in with a blanket on the couch, snoring away gently. A smirk danced across the mans face as he brushed his thumb over his lovers cheek.

"He'll be fine, Ian." Ty tried to comfort, and Ian just nodded in response.

"I really hope he is..."

-Le Time Skip, Seto's POV-

My eyes slowly fluttered open, and I gazed around the room at all the worried faces. Around me were Tyler and Bodil - Tyler being carried by the Bulgarian, because there was no way he could walk just yet - Ty and Sky, and of course, my Ian.

Ian's breath sucked in and he stared at me for a long, long time. I looked back at him, wondering what got him so mad.

"Seto..." He breathed out, wrapping his arms around my body "I was so nervous you weren't gonna wake up..."

I loved having his arms around me - I really did - but the feeling was causing a spark of pain which was continuously growing. "Ian, Ian Ian Ian." I whimpered, and he let go. I let out a gasp ever time a muscle creaked or something inside me moved.

"It hurts," I said softly. "Bad. I can't move."

Ian nodded, before reaching over to the table next to him and grabbing a glass of water. He held it up, towards me. "Thirsty?"

"Yes." I would've simply nodded but it hurt too much.

Without a second thought, Ian leaned forward, tilting my neck up and before long I felt the cool, refreshing liquid tumble down my throat. I let out a content sigh - not nearly as content as I felt when he was holding me, but still in bliss just the same.

"Better?" He asked softly, pulling away the glass container, and I whimpered another "Yes."

"You were in a lot of pain, Seto." Came a sudden voice, and I turned to see Tyler. He was wrapped up in Bodils arms, and his eyes sagged. He was obviously weak, which I guess wasn't surprising for a person who had been dead...

Wait,..

How long ago HAD he been dead?

"Ian?" I asked softly, and he turned to me. "How long was I out?"

"Oh..." Ian scratched the back of his neck, seemingly thinking long and hard. "I really want keeping track of time. Maybe...four days? Minecraft time?"

My eyes bugged out of my head. "FOUR DAYS?! But those spells only knock me out for, like, three hours! At the most!"

"Tyler was right, Seto. Something went...wrong. I'm not entirely sure why. You were in a lot...A LOT, of pain. You were screaming so bad, so high..." He winced at the memory, and I badly wished I could hold him. It just hurt too much.